Monday, April 04, 2005

I Am Jack's Strange Dream...

I woke up to Rickey beating on my door, I had slept long enough and I ached from the time I had spent in the bed. Having just seen Vanilla sky the other day this might sound funny, but have you ever had a dream so real that you couldn’t tell if it had really happened when you woke up?

I’ve been saying for some time now that are kind of strange because you can dream things that would take days to do in a matter of seconds. Maybe even instantaneously. I mean all a dream means is that you remember something that never happened. Well I had a dream last night that would have taken a while to happen in real life.

Now I really can’t tell why this dream happened, but I dreamed that I was just going through a regular day, interacting with people like I normally do, talking to them as I would on a daily basis.

Everything felt fine until on like the second day in the dream, I went to go borrow something from Desiree and on my way there I get this call from Rickey, it was night time so it was dark out and the dark didn’t seem quite right. I answer the phone and Rickey asks me did I see what happened, and I’m still walking.

He tells me that something was happening on campus and that they were telling us we needed to stay in doors. It was odd, and since I was already at Desiree’s I just knocked and kept talking to him. He told me he didn’t know what was going on. But when the door opened Jamie was standing there looking shocked and scared and asked if I had seen the news.

I came inside with her because she really didn’t seem to be able to talk about it anymore, Desiree was on the couch. I told Rickey that I was inside, and he just told me he would call me back in a minute.

The news was on the TV and there were headlines about some kind of invasion, the news lady kept talking about aliens and stuff and then I realized what was happening. I should say that this dream had to take place in the future, Jamie and Desiree living together, and it wasn’t in a dorm that I’ve seen.

I got a little scared and I remember Jamie and Desiree being in shear shock at the news. I couldn’t figure out what was going on, I couldn’t even say anything at that point. I got up and paced the room, then I sat down for the next little part of the news story. After that I got up and did it again. The news seemed to last forever, and Desiree got up and called her parents after a little while and Jamie and I just sat there on the couch in horror.

Even in a dream a million things cross you’re mind, when I first heard invasion and all those other words I thought terrorism, and then when you see what is really happening you think, ‘this isn’t the end of a country, it’s the end of the world, at least as we know it. For some reason I hugged Jamie, and Desiree came back over the couch, she was talking on her phone so quietly.

When Rickey called me back on my cell phone I could hear his voice before I answered it, then I realized I was dreaming and woke up, he was knocking on my door. I spent all day with Rickey and Mandi basically and I really enjoyed it all. I just wish I could find solutions to all of these other little things that are going on.

No comments: