Saturday, April 02, 2005

I Am Jack's Smiling Satisfaction...

Another April is well under way, with the day of tircking people behind us it is apparent that this little world we know as freshmen year is coming to an end. I will miss this year, I will miss its little quirks, I will miss its heart aches and mishaps. I will miss the uncertainty that came with it. I will miss learning and getting out on my own for the first time.


Today I didn't do much, I hung out with Rickey and Eddie, ate dinner with some friends, and I even watched Fight Club with Mandi and Eddie. I actually kind of slid into Mandi while I was laying on the couch. It's pretty comforting to just lay over on a friend like that. Its not like I want to date her or anything anymore, its just nice to have friends you can be that comfortable with.

I’m sitting here in my room, staring at the screen of my word processor and I think to myself how this week has already proven itself to be much better than the last. For one thing the flowers did work, she felt better. And I’m glad to have helped her out, she didn’t deserve the shit that was happening to her and she needed much better.

Other things around here have changed too, stuff is getting to a place where it will be comforting, where life can be normal and beautiful. Where we can be happy.

I might keep this entry short, but I have to say something, nothing feels better than a day like today.

Surrounded by the people you like, even if the ones you don’t like tag along they can’t fuck that up. It felt liberating to be like this again, I think that I might even go outside and sit for a while, just watch what’s left of the world pass by.

I said a few months back that the people who know me right now met me at a strange point in my life. I know I was right. I’m still becoming who I’m going to be, I can see little differences in how I am every day. And I can honestly say I think I like it.

No comments: