Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I Am Jack's Half Finished Post...

It’s easy to see that I added some new links to my blog. These are people’s journals that I have been looking at more and more recently. I guess that I’m starting to really get into the blogging thing. I even shed my xanga because of the simple fact that its not serious enough for me. I grow weary of just the same thing that’s hardly customizable unless you pay for it first.

My blog is how I can really express what’s going on in my life, and I am just warming up to the thing. Now that I know people are reading it and just not commenting, I feel better. I should write a big sign that says something like “If you read this blog and don’t post a comment its like you’re stealing my words!”

I mean PBS does that same thing, they talk about how you’re stealing television. Man let me tell you; maybe if they had more than one interesting show a day on there I would be compelled to watch it. I hardly even watch my television anymore; I only do when I’m really bored or something.

School is about to get stressful, I mean I am serious, things will be ugly. I have a lot of school work to get done and I don’t want to forget why I am here. There will be times I have to turn people down to do home work or something like that and it will be alright. They should understand.

Really all I have to look forward to is hanging out with the few people who don’t piss me off. Many of the others around here are just testing me now.

I don’t think that I mentioned this before but about three days ago a new guy moved in. Yes that’s right a new roommate. I was scared that it would happen, but surprisingly they gave us someone that’s not a dick. His name is Sean and although I haven’t talked to him much he seems pretty nice and he’s comfortable here. He doesn’t bitch about us making noise and then make twice that amount the next night and expect nothing to be said. He doesn’t take loud ass showers at 4:00 AM, and he doesn’t bring over rude loud friends that smoke weed in our place. That is a huge improvement over the last two guys we had around here.

8.106 does feel like home, despite the fact that I am never here really. It’s funny how a place that I’ve lived in less than one year feels like home and the place I lived in for 12 years didn’t.

It’s also funny that I only see Ruth (Rickey’s girlfriend) on average of once a week, but I feel like she’s more of a friend to me than some of the people that I see day in and day out.

I know for a fact that’s how it is, but somehow that just doesn’t seem right to me. I don’t see why some people here are so hard to get along with. Why there is so much crap getting flung around here. Last night I got to sit down with Laura and talk to her some, she and I had a good little conversation. It was then I realized that a good deal of what happens around here happens because someone lets someone else manipulate them.

Laura asked what someone saw in someone else, I don’t want to name names, but I just told her that one of the people was very smart and manipulative.

It’s the truth, there is a lot of that around here. And I’m glad to say that many of the friends I have just don’t have that in them. I mean I couldn’t see Jamie trying to use someone, its not that she’s not smart enough to. It’s just that she doesn’t look for ways that she can do that. She’s got a really big heart and she’s not going to try and fuck someone over and take their money.

But some people out here do just that and know it, you have to be careful and know who’s who. I’d like to think I can pick up on when I’m being used right away. And I’m not just saying that, I think I really can tell. Well I better get off of this thing, I have other stuff I need to be doing, like trying to go back to Rickey’s to retrieve my backpack. I will have to pick this up later.

No comments: