Sunday, April 10, 2005

I Am Jack's Application For A Trophy Wife...

It would seem like we all have growing up to do. Some of us more than others. Many people around here are just boys or girls, undecided in what they really want to become, what they can become, I’m not saying what they can become in the sense of a job, but in a sense of potential as a human being.

Some of the girls live with fairytale mentality of happily ever after, and I talked about this in the other post. Many of the men harbor dreams of becoming sports stars and that whole thing about getting a trophy wife.

One of the best memories I have of Junior High School is what one boy said near the end of school while we were in a class that was set up to prepare us for high school. The teacher asked all of us what we envisioned having and being in the fifteen years. Well by that time you would roughly be on the verge of turning thirty, so that’s a good deal away.

I remember I just said a simple house in the suburbs and a wife and kids. Most of the girls and guys said that same thing; very few had overly exaggerated aspirations. Maybe it was the fact that we lived in fucking Manvel, Texas that kept them from thinking any further outside of reality.

But there was this one guy, his name was Denis, he was one of those guys who probably went on to be a football star and fuck all the cheerleaders in high school. I don’t know, I wasn’t there after Junior High. But that would be a safe bet to make. He said that his dream was to be rich, he didn’t specify doing what, and to have a trophy wife.

Keep in mind our teacher is a female, which means that this kind of shit had to offend her on some level. Trophy wife, if you don’t know what that means ladies and fellas out there, it means that he will have one of those dolled up, plastic surgery made, wives, most likely a blonde, who will be his arm candy, just something for him to drag around him and show off to his associates.

And what the fuck is he planning to do to make all of this money, to warrant the trophy wife? Sure she knows she’s a trophy, but she also knows that when the money is gone she can have her pick of the next guy who has some money to throw at her.

I will never forget that, trophy wife, I guess in some aspects that’s all anyone wants, but I think that when I say trophy wife, I mean it in a way that is so respectful that any girl would be happy to hear it. My idea of a trophy wife, is one that is a real trophy, one that has brains as well as beauty. Can hold a conversation and that I really love and care about.

She’s someone who I might have had to go through a lot of hell to win over and my reward is having her right there by my side through thick and thin, good and bad. Having her there to talk to when things get bad, share in the good things with, console through the bad things, and even have her console me if it need be.

I know I’m a little young to worry about this kind of shit, and it may be sappy, but fuck you; a guy can dream can’t he?

2 comments:

Danger said...

Keep your dreams... they're really great one's. And hopefully you will find them one day. It's refreshing to hear that there are guys like that out there. Sometimes I feel like I should give up on my search for love and go back to my old ways of not searching for love, but searching for a guy that can provide materialistic "stuff" to occupy my time. That didn't make me happy though... the guy that I fell in love with made me happy, even if I can't be with him now. And I have to search for love again, I don't care how much money he makes or if he's the picture of male beauty. I just want to be attracted to him, and expect him to have a job that he loves... even if that's an elementary school teacher.

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

It's really nice to know what some other people think because its hard to find someone around here that actually agrees with me about these kinds of things.