Thursday, April 07, 2005

I Am Jack's Half-Assed List...

Wow, its after six and I am up writing in this shit, I am going to be wasted tomorrow. But I just got in from washing clothes with Eddie and Brandon. I guess that I have a lot to report now. I had a long talk with Rickey and then had a long one with Jamie. Both of them told me tow things I should do, the same two things. One of them I am going to, the other I am not.

I think I’m about ready to try something a little more risky now, but I know when its time to stop.

Its nothing all that big, so I’ll just move on from it. I wanted to say thanks to Twinklestar for actually writing about my post Sorry Folks, Jack Had to Step Out for a While she wrote this little bit on Love. I was proud to have someone directly responding to what I wrote, it’s a good feeling.

Part of Twinklestar's post was this list, five critera for Love as she sees it.

I've had the recent opportunity to get involved with my ex again and after some thought I have come to realise I don't need him and all his baggage in my life again. Our relationship was like dancing on a cliff, whenever I thought I was about to fall over the edge he would only then say or do something to pull me back. I want more than that out of a relationship, I know what I want and have devised these 5 criteria:

1st criterion - be open and honest with me, if you want me to love all of you I can only do so if you allow me to get to know all of you and ditto for me
2nd criterion - don't open your bag and try to dress me in your clothes, they will never fit me and I don't like playing dress up! I realise that at some point we all try to unconsciously force our own opinions and ideals on others but please at least try and refrain from doing this!
3rd criterion - share in at least a few of my passions and I will gladly explore some of yours and I expect the same from you
4th criterion - don't be afraid to show your love and feelings for me, if you don't I will never know how you really feel and I won't stick around waiting to find out forever
5th criterion - want the same things out of life as me, it doesn't matter where you came from or where you've been just as long we want to end up in the same place and we can make the journey together.

In response I have to say this. I really don’t know how much I know about love. I have a good idea what it is but I don’t think I can say much because its never reciprocated. What I can say is this, I feel like I am where I need to be for a relationship. Whether or not I can say much more is up in the air. I’m not going to write about what I would like to find in another person to love, because I should be out trying to find someone just to have fun with maybe.

So I will write just a few things down, maybe I will use the rule of three, remember these aren’t for a deep love relationship, this is just like a dating type thing.

  1. Tell me what you’re feeling, don’t hide things from me and speak openly. I don’t really get mad about much and there’s nothing that needs to be hidden.
  2. Don’t expect me to jump at your every command, I really don’t do this with anyone and if I don’t want to do something, don’t try to force me. I wouldn’t force things on you.
  3. Please don’t think that I’m mad at you just because I’m not smiling, I’m rarely mad and when I am I just don’t do or say anything.

These are pretty simple things, I think that they aren’t even things that should only apply to dating. They should apply to most types of things, friends, family and other interpersonal relationships.

Like I said, though, the three things listed above have nothing to do with love, at this point I shouldn’t probably be looking for love. Katherine said this and I think she was right. It’s funny how a girl says something and I almost automatically listen to them, and when Rickey says the same I doubt it or something. I think that I am just more inclined to listen to women. I’m doomed to be bossed around the rest of my life.


1 comment:

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Thanks. Sometimes I wonder if finding someone is even worth all of this.