Monday, July 04, 2005

To My Little Sister, Kinsey

Alright, I'm going to try and do this, first off I have to go over a few things, I have to talk about this new template, it was given to me by Emily, over at Pretty in Punk. In all of her kindness she let me have this and I think I will change the colors eventually but this will have to do for now. Other things I have to talk about, if you were all wondering why I didn't post for a good two days, I was in Louisanna for a family reunion, but now I am back.



I really don't like going to Louisanna, but I had very good reason to, so I did it. On another note, I recently invited some people to join the blog as memebers, my reason in doing this was so when someone had something to say that was longer than a comment, they could just put it on the main page. It's not really a big deal, just something I've thought about.



Now to what I promised a while back, why I love my little sister, Kinsey. Back in high school she was one of my best friends, probably one of the people I trusted more than anyone else. I never once had her not stick up for me when I was right and never once had her stick up for me when I was wrong. She was always truthful with me despite the fact that she didn't always make the best choices in life.



Being truthful goes a long way and sometimes you would be surprised where it can get you, as you may think lying makes people like you better, what is the point in lying to someone. If you lie about everything you are then you might as well not even know anyonee. It's always best to know just be real with people.



Spike's best friend used to sleep with girls and not have real dating relationships with them, but he was always truthful about what he was doing, even when it was towards them. He never lied about wanting to be with them forever or loving them. Sometimes men get this idea that girls only want sex when a real relationship is attached, not always true, there are girls out there who like one night stands as much as guys. But at the same time, if you lie all of the time, you'll never find one.



Lies may work out for a while, they may make you seem cool, but then you never really get to know the person you lie to, since most people say what they say based on what is said to them. In that regard it hurts more to lie, because then no one gets to know anyone else.



I would have done anything for Kinsey, even though I didn't agree with the things she did sometimes; I took care of her, like she was my own little sister. She was really just a close friend but I even called her my little sister. And I took care of her before I took care of some of my other friends. One time when she got really high one of my friends tried to make out with her, I stopped him and told him not to touch her. And when she started to run a fever I helped her stay cold and sat with her in the car while the rest of my friends were hanging out at someone's house.



I can't think of anyone I bent over backwards for more, and at the same time I can see why, she was the best friend I had in a high school I hated. She was the only person there who was always truthful with me, never manipulative or any of that other shit. She didn't try to use me or to act like she didn't know me when the cooler people came around. And most important of all, she never lied.



I love my Kinz, she was very special to me. Just wish I could talk to her now, she always knew just what to say to make things better.



Edit: Notice the new blogs I added to the sidebar line up, Julia is the Julia I often write about on here, and the others are people I haven't mentioned, well one of them is Spikes, and the other belongs to Marisa. And the last belongs to Megan, a friend from way back. So check that shit out.

No comments: