Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Place Where Three or More Gather...

I have this strong need to write something right now, but no idea what I am going to write. I've been trying to get into a mode where I can think more properly, I just need to find other writers like myself that I can sit and talk to. But where do writers cogrigate? I mean nerds have their comic book conventions, Harry Potter book sellings, clubs; gamers have E3 and the videogame stores and arcades.



You'd be hard pressed to find a writing club somewhere in the city of San Antonio, maybe I should just start doing like that guy from Fight Club and going to random help groups. If only I was that good of an actor.



Last night I went out to the Wal-Mart right up the street and just kind of wandered around the store for a while. I came across the Straylight Run CD, it was $9.72 and there's 11 tracks on the damn thing. I figure, If I were to buy this over iTunes I would pay .99 cents a track and still have to burn the entire CD to a blank disk...so why not get it like this. I am infinetly glad I did, this has got to be one of the best albums I've heard in a while.



I just wish they used the female vocalist more often, she's got a great voice. I can't help but wonder if she's the same girl that sings so often on the first Taking Back Sunday, I think I might go find that out right now. Well not right now, but when I'm done with this.



If anyone likes bands like Jimmy Eat World, Brand New or any others like that, this would be a good CD to buy! I think I'm going to head off for the night.



This will be my 280th post, after this just 20 more till 300!

1 comment:

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Thanks a lot, its always nice to hear things like that. I don't think I'm really that good. I mean I don't even have an interesting life. I just write/post what I feel.