Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Pretty, Petite Paradox...

It seems to be a growing trend that the prettiest girls around have no idea of it. I know so many girls who just don't realize how good looking they are. I even know some who pretend they don't know how good looking they are only to be stuck up in the end, but that's something for a different day.



I talk to girls all of the time that are for whatever reason ignored by guys around them when they look really good. I had a conversation with one such a girl just the other day who told me that she didn't have many guys tell her she was beautiful when it's obvious that she is and that there's no way to look at her and doubt that.



I don't know what the problem is, whether its the guys or the girls just don't notice how good they look. The way things are right now I wish I could go out into the city and conduct a survey like the one I did with Kay a few weeks back. Many of you voted in that little experiment and I thank you for that. But the numbers are still too low to prove any point like what I want to.



People might think that this is just me trying to say something, but it can be a dangerous thing when people don't find themselves attractive. I had a friend in high school who shall remain nameless who was about five feet four and weighed just over one hundred pounds, she was a cheerleader and made homecoming court, and had a boyfriend who was an athlete...this girl admitted to having bulimia.



Something is seriously wrong when things like that go down, when girls like that fall pray to an eating disorder thinking that they have weight to lose. I mean I was in no way ever attracted to this girl, but at the same time, she was beautiful.



My point here is girls seem to get into this mind set that just because guys never talk to them that they aren't good enough, its not the case at all. I mean most guys are just looking for the easiest girl they can find, especially in high school and college. They think Why work hard for something when other girls are ready, willing and able to give it up without even protesting in the least.



Wholesome, good girls like Jamie over at Definition of Blonde don't seem to realize just how pretty they are and they should be happy, because when its all said and done they'll end up with the guys that look for more than sex and a good time, they'll find men that actually love them.



I decided to put this joke up


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Can't really fix what's not broken, you just have to reassure them every chance you get.

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Sometimes assuring someone of something will make them see what was already there.

Anonymous said...

You're such a great guy! Thanks for that...it makes me feel alot better