Monday, July 18, 2005

The Final Distance

This is a beautiful song by Utada Hikaru, of whom I've spoken before, well its orignally in Japanese but I just found out what the English would mean. I always thought it was good and somber, but I had no idea to what extent.




    I'm anxious but I can't say anything

    I'm tired of swimming, even you've become silent

    I want to see you, but an invisible wave pushes us

    Again, just a little more distance




    Try not to stop keep it going baby

    If you don't feel the same then tell me

    Even if your principle is to not try

    It's alright to try a little




    I want to be with you now

    Let's shorten the distance with the two of us

    We can still make it on time

    We can start over

    We can't be as one




    I want to be with you

    Someday even this distance

    We'll be able to embrace

    We can start sooner

    After all I want to be with you




    You, who gets hurt with a single word

    Taught me what loneliness is




    When you can't protect me keep on trying baby

    It's not as I promised but trust me

    My principle is to not try but

    I would do it for you




    I want to be with you now

    Look at our distance with the two of us

    We can still make it

    We can start over

    I want to tell you with words




    I want to be with you now

    One day, even the distance

    I'll be able to embrace

    We should stay together

    After all, I need to be with you


2 comments:

K. said...

wow. that songs says a lot. i think we both know what it means...

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Yeah its such a great song too, I got Eddie into it while we were in the car today. I'll let you hear it sometime.