Thursday, July 21, 2005

Some Kind of Heterogeneous Mixture

I'm so bored around here, I just wish school would start back up so I could have something to do or someone to talk with. As of right now I'm still looking for a job, since the first time I mentioned I was really getting back to it was yesterday.



Some things came up in my mind last night making it almost impossible for me to sleep. I started to try and call someone and then I realized it was almost 4 AM and that would be dumb because no one is going to pick up a phone like that and not be mad about it.



So when my mind finally calmed down a bit I started to think about the discussions I had over the weekend. I really didn't want to have them. They were about religion and I really don't like having to argue about it. There have been times when I have been known to discuss it but that's only when it suits me and when I can just say my piece and stop.



Over the weekend the two main arguments that occurred were whether or not Jesus was God and Whether or not there was a Hell. Now these two arguments didn't last very long. But the first was basically centered around the Holy Trinity and how if you believed in it you were in direct violation of the first commandment. This was the first time that I had ever heard this, but I even with the book I was showed on the subject I don't believe it.



In regard to the second subject it was brought up as we watched the movie Constantine, it just came out on DVD. They started a scene where they showed Hell and my friend just blurts out how he doesn't believe in Hell. Well that would be all fine and good coming from someone who never had claimed to be Christian, but it just seems kind of wrong to picking and choosing what you want out of something. Especially when you said you believed whatever was in it just before that.



I can have arguments about religion, but these just didn't make much sense to me in the way they were being argued. So I tried not to dwell on it or make it a big deal. I just let it go, so whatever.



Well I better go, I'm getting frustrated and bored. Gonna go call Allie.



Edit: So that didn't work and something's really wrong with someone I care about and I don't know what. I hate being so far from everyone I care about!

No comments: