Friday, July 22, 2005

Pen Pal

Okay, so I was able to do it, I went out and got this girl's contact information. But it wasn't as easy as it should have been. Oh well, I got it done so its done. I sat outside and in the cafe at the bookstore for a while today and I talked to some different people. I like being at that place, its nice.



I had a chance to read up on some stuff about writing and this one book, entitled Robert's Rules For Writing says you shouldn't keep a journal because you're not exercising a creative muscle, you're just wasting space. I don't believe that, I like doing this and I'm going to keep on doing it.



One thing that I saw in one book was that a writer should find a pen pal because then you are writing someting that matters to you down for a very limited audience, it helps you adjust your style for the rest of the world to see. I know I'm not ready for publication in anything major, most writers aren't. So I'll take the smallest audience I can just for right now.



So now I need to find one.

3 comments:

Miss Me said...

Maybe you should go and look for one, that maybe helps. 'CAuse waiting for a pen pal to cross ur path, that takes too long.

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

I'm not waiting around...who said I was...I said I need to find one, that doesn't mean sitting around. I just need to make sure its someone in the country, postage costs to much to mail it outside.

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

I guess I never even thought about that. I haven't seen you or Juli letters in a while. But Juli is normally too busy to give back a fast reply.