Sunday, May 01, 2005

I Am Jack’s Cartoon Nostalgia

As you can see I've added a new blog to the blogroll over there. It's September Girl, check it out. It's really worth a look, a word to the wise, if you're looking for a way to spice up your sex life, definately check it out.

On to what I really wanted to talk about about today, I was over at Spike's watching anime and on the phone with a friend. Fullmetal Alchemist was on and I noticed something after watching all of them in japanese, the show seems to fit the English better. I think the old stigma about how the orginal japanese is always better is now fading a bit, the acting's not always better.

Has anyone noticed that voice acting on cartoons have gotten generally better over the last few years. Who remembers the show Thunder Cats? I know its not a good memory, the show had terrible voice acting and it was really just a cheap rip-off of He-Man, which is infinitely more badass. I mean they both have the same kind of character set-up, one character you remember the name of, He-Man and in the case of TC Lion-O, then the rest of the characters you don't remember the name of, except Skeletor, he was hardcore.

And even the anime that comes over here from Japan has better voice acting now. Who saw the old Mario Bros. show? It had disgusting voice acting. A Mario movie starring Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzenegger could be done better than that shit!

Even Pokemon had better acting than most of the shows we watched when we were kids. Pokemon really had a good plot when it was a manga, it was okay even at the start of the show, until that dumbass, Ash, his whore, Misty, and horny friend, Brock started wandering the fucking woods and going from festival to festival! I mean its one thing when it has to do with Pokemon and stuff, but they would stop for the most bullshit of all reasons, I expected the turn on the tv one day and see this:

Ash: Hey Guys Look, Its A Sock Festival!
Brock: I Love Socks.
Misty: Whoa, Let's Go!

I can't even think a straight line anymore, but the real point is, voice acting isn't what it used to be, it used to suck. So when you watch you're kids cartoons or you nephew and nieces are watching something you think is stupid, just think At least their cartoons have good actors.

This has been an overly long post by me.

No comments: