Friday, May 06, 2005

All And Some Times

I have to write this to just say something about the way that some women are with men. I think that its hard for them to understand something aobut blanket statments and about how when they say things about how terrible men are it includes their men friends.



Yeah I know what you're thinking, the same kind of blanket statement your making right now? Well not really, because I said some and not all. When I hear phrases like all guys are going to cheat it pisses me off to some extent. Because not only does it make me think about how much I hate cheating, but it also makes me think look you're giving him an excuse. One day he'll just go, You knew how I was when you dated me, you knew I would cheat.



Yeah that's right girls, not all men are predisposed to cheating. Some of us want to lead long healthy relationships. I get tired of being lumped into this male category or even worse not being considered male at all simply because when a girl makes a statment like that she thinks only of the guys she has known romatnically.



Well fuck, what about the rest of us, what about the guys that work so hard to maintain this concrete sense of self that doesn't include binges of drinking, mindless sex, or cheating. I know a girl here that made a statement of something along the lines of All guys want to cheat.



Sorry, that's the wrong answer.



If I love someone enough to stay with them I don't need to cheat, and it if I stop loving them to the point I can love someone else, I don't need to be with them in the first place. I can break up with them before I have to go cheat—or what would have been cheating had I just not ended it.



And I know Marisa said that she knows several guys that say that same thing, but I'm not several guys [neither is Spike], and I know you're not that irrational, you know what I'm talking about and you understood that last night at the table.



But how can you sit across from two guys, one of which is in a stable realtionship, and say that all guys will one day cheat and not expect us to go off. It doesn't even make me angry as much as it makes me think, Look what these other fucking guys have done, they just make it harder for guys like me.



Real, regular entry tonight...

1 comment:

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

The thing was, at least in Marisa's case, she didn't mean it. She was just kind of talking. So when I asked her about it she quickly just admitted to that fact and we're fine. She doesn't try to act like I'm the same as other guys, she's even told me several times that what I look for in girls is different than what most guys look for, so she sees something itsn't the same.