Monday, June 27, 2005

Powerless

It's not easy to admit when you're completely powerless to do something, its not easy to admit it because no one likes to lose all control. No one wants that, no one likes to see someone they eally care for suffer through something and just have to stand there and watch.



I keep thinking, I wish I could do something.



But I know that I can't, I know that you feel bad and it makes me feel bad that there's nothing I can say or do for you. I wish I could be there, could hold you or something. I wish I could just take all your pain away and just make you smile, really smile.



I know I can't and its hard to admit that, but its true; if I could even share the pain with you so you didn't have to bare it alone I would just because I hate to see this happen to someone. I know what it feels like to want answers and to not have them, to spend time wondering about something that just eats away at you.



And the only satisfaction I had when I finally found out was by that time I really didn't care about it anymore, I had moved on. I hope you have that someday, I hope someday you can just scoff at all this.



I wish that I could be there in some way, I wish I could just be your shoulder to cry on, I wish I could tell you the words you wanted to hear, give you the answers you needed to move on and do what you had to do. I wish I had the power to make you happy and whole again, and I just wish I could take away all your tears.



But in the end all I can do is wish and pray, and it seems like this is just the same trend, everyone I know and really care about have something I wish I could help them with. And everytime I start to care about someone I just know that in one way or another there's going to come a day when I'll just be powerless to do anything for them at all.



Anything at all but pray...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the powerless thing. You are an awesome writer and i bet you could go really far with it...i would probably read your works, lol.