Thursday, January 26, 2006

A Sense of Self Affirmation

I just got done watching Se7en, I had forgotten how disturbing the movie was, its just creepy as hell,especially since at one point I wanted to go into law enforcement, I wanted to be an FBI Agent and all. One thing I can say is that it can be really noble work, but other times it can be terrifying, the things that can happen, the things you can see.



I also have ot say that Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman did a terrific job, as did Kevin Spacey. I think this is the best I have seen him do. A lot of things in the movie really strike me as odd, I mean I never really thought about it, but there are so many things that are just bad we overlook in our day to dayl ives. Perhaps one of the worse is apathy, and its strange because I would rather ignore people because I find that most of the time I'm ignored by them. It's only when they see me ignoring them that they bid for my attention, and after a while they fall right back to their old ways.



Many times I feel like I am the least improtant person around, that is to say that I take a back seat to everyone else, and why shouldn't I? I am no one special. But then again isn't no one, isn't there not on unique snowflake out there? The only thing that makes us different than the rest of the animals is the way we so often try to set oursevles apart. More often than not its fear that causes us to do this, nothing more.



Another thing that I wanted to write about a little bit is just how stupid some orgainizations show themselves to be, namely the Atheist Agenda on campus, that is not to say all of the people involved are, but that is to say that they need to step back and look at their causes and convictions. They call themselves policing the religious groups around campus. The way I feel about this is that I really don't associate with any of the groups here, and I have no reason too. I'm Catholic, and a believeing Catholic, but I don't go to Catholic Student Group meetings.



With that said, I don't think anyone who calls themselves an Atheist has a right to go around and try to police anything unless it directly interferres with their day to day life. I hate having some fucker in a Santa Suit ring a bell in my face outside the Wal-Mart every Christmas, but if I start a group trying to police what they are doing someone will come kick me in the nuts because I don't need to be like that. I can just walk by. If you don't like what someone holding a Bible is yelling on campus, walk by. So long as they don't jump on you or attack you it should be fine.



No one is starting an anti-sports group to get onto people out there about how the sports teams do this, that and the other thing. Religons are a freedom we all have, pick on or don't. But isn't an atheist movement kind of against the whole, We believe in nothing creed. I mean atheism is a concious choice that people make, no matter that there has never been a culture to not believe in some higher force, no matter that the odds we would have all ended up here, plants, animals and rocks, where we are supposed to be, doing what we do are a billion to one.



It all goes back to that snow flake thing, atheists are doing that, but taking it to a new level, this whole human impowerment thing. It's not that they don't believe in God, its that they are their own God.. Don't kid yourself, without God you're nothing, and even then some of us still can't manage.

No comments: