Sunday, January 01, 2006

I Am Jack's Cautionary Tale

The rightieous man is the hardest to convince that he is wrong, to him every little endeavour is a mission, or some kind of quest from God, something to better society or the like. It's rare that anything we do is for the good of mankind, and the betterment of society isn't really on many people's plates either. It's not in the cards, things don't play out that way, not everyone has that great an effect on the world.



Now don't get me wrong, I'm not taking that We are God's unwanted children stance like in Fight Club, but we have to understand, we call can't be the ones to leave a great mark on the world. Well if you all wanted to know, this is going somewhere. As a matter of a fact its going back to just how much I can't seem to trust anyone around here for more than two seconds. Case in point, there's a certain someone I have known for a year and he thinks that everyone needs to trust him, he always pretends to be this I'm on you're side kind of guy. Many of you must know the type. But he really just seems content to just know everyone else's business and make it seem as if he is helping them out with it.



In reality he is very manipulative, very good a manipulating and he even thinks that he is getting away with it, he figures he has all of us as his little Space Monkeys and that he can do whatever he pleases and that we will just follow along willingly and uncaring of how we end up.



I say all of this about him because I am forced to be around him basically and it pains me to say it, but in reality things work the way that he thinks they do. In his head things are working here he is above all of us and we are so far below that no one else can even see what he is pulling. I really don't know how to go about things now, I guess I will just exist normally and let things unfold how they do, watch my step and tread more carefully.

No comments: