Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Open Letter to the World

Thank you to all of those out there who commented yesterday, things really haven't gotten any better, but it helps to know that there are people out there who really care. I really can't describe what's wrong. I mean I can just say I don't feel right but that is a broad term.



Right now I'm tired, I'm at that point where my mind has slowed down to a crawl and things are winding down. Tonight I might just sleep on the floor because the bed is so cluittered with stuff, it's almost like the perfect example of my mind. Even as I type this stuff my mind is sloshing through gallon after gallon of loose thought and I don't know what any of it means.



I've talked to a lot of people today, first Megan, then Twinks and then Kay. All of them had different suggestions on what to do and they are all great ideas. I'll give them all a try. I really think the free-write idea that Kay had is a good one because I haven't done that since like seventh grade. And while I think that I can't write while I'm depressed I don't know it to be true about me anymore. I mean the last time I tried was so long ago. I might be able to pull it off now.



If you all didn't see, I wrote responses to all of you individually in the comment section of the last post. At the time all it was all I could do to help me sort out what everyone had said. I'm glad to have you all around, because I really couldn't have asked for a better group of people to go to for this kind of things unless I had a team of paid psychitrists. There were so many comments from other saying I was there too at one time. That means so much to me, not because misery loves company but because I know it doesn't have to be like this the rest of my life.



Things do get better, as Jamie said. Things tend to just go in cycles like this. Right now I am on the down side of things and sooner or later I'll have to come back up. More than anything right now I would just like to be alone right now with no obligations, no phone. Just food and some CD's maybe a small television to watch before I go to sleep. That way I could just write and draw. I could just be free for a while with nothing for me to think about.



Of course there will always be certain things never far from my heart or mind. But a quiet weekend like that could reall do the trick. I could just exist and do something that I really enjoyed. This is not to say I don't enjoy talking to some people, but there are others I could go a few days without.



But there is really no time, soon the school will be filled with people and classes will take place. Things are going to get hectic and I am going to have to be here for it. Old friends will be back, and some will have moved on, but I won't be the same. I won't be like I was last year. I'm a little older and a lot wiser about things. I'll keep a clear head, I'll work on picking myself back up and I'll always remember to breathe.

3 comments:

Angelique said...

Thank for the post, I appreciate it. I am sorry for not introducing myself sooner. I always sneaked a peak at your blog but until the other day I had never left a post. Hang in there. I find that I get bummed when I have too much free time and since class ended just last week I am slowly going mad here. You are a little down now so there is only one way to go and that's up, hang in there.

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Thanks so much for the posts though, its always nice to see a new face.

Danger said...

Hey, I've been on an Everclear binge for the past 24 hours and this is just another song I've been listening to... it made me feel a little better, and while this is just lyrics, maybe it will do the same for you:
(it’s just like science fiction
Who knows what the fuck they’re talking about
There’s always one in every crowd)

There is always one in every crowd
You can hear the voices when you’re alone
They sound like middle-long, middle obxious and loud
Don’t let go, don’t listen to the sound of those people you know
Slowly falling apart
And falling down now
Everything is falling down now

When I think I’m alone
I watch the news on my girlfriend’s tv
It’s like a bad b movie
All sometimes I can’t comprend all the stupid things that I see
So don’t let go,
Can’t believe your eyes
Whatever they may show you
Just makes you want to cry and you don’t want to know
That you need to remember that life is always getting better
So don’t let go

There is always one in every crowd
You see them when you think you’re alone
It all just seems like science fiction
Nobody knows what they’re talking about
So don’t let go, don’t listen to the sounds of all those people you know
Slowly falling apart
And falling down now
You need to remember
Life is always getting better
Life is always getting better
Life is always getting better
(for a while)