Friday, August 26, 2005

Magic Bullet

I feel better now, not all the way normal, but I'll be okay. I just heard something to day that showed how bad someone can really have it suddenly. These girls I sit with at dinner, their freshmen, one of them was telling me that last night was her boyfriend's birthday. He accidentally shot himself in the hand.



I laughed.



I laughed so hard that I stopped and laughed again, almost choked and suddnely things just seemed like they would be okay again. Not right away. But oh well. I'll get by with or without, I'll make due with what I have somehow and I'll only do what needs to be done. I won't get what I want all of the time, but I'll always make sure to get what I need to make it.



So many of my friends have had bad days, Allison's friend from MI sent her a letter today about how she had ruined his life, I don't blame anyone else for what happened to me, its my fault essentailly. And he should understand why she did what she did. But she's not moping around over there, I went to check on her. She told me that she's learned to take anything now, she's gotten stronger for it. I hope I can learn that some day.



Right now I have some catching up to do, I've got more to do than just that. Funny story, I'm going to a club next week. Can you believe it? I've never been. This should be good for a laugh since I can't dance and don't really drink. I'll be around more later.

1 comment:

Danger said...

I'm glad to see that something could make you laugh in these times. Also, I do hope that you learn from Alison... it's always an inspiration to see people like that: bad things happen, and they still present a cheerful outlook towards life, towards friends, and towards everything. Charlie, my ex-boyfriend, really showed that to me and it has changed me. I know I still have some personal demons to conquer at this stage in my life, but I'm all the better for having been so close to a wonderful person like that, who had every reason to be a shrewd, bitter person and a criminal even.
Hope Things get better and better, and better!