Friday, August 05, 2005

Journey to Nostalgia


I feel like I'm in high school again, I've been listening to all of this Dashboard Confessional, I was browsing through old pictures and I found some of me and Kinsey which were great and just some other high school memories. Damn I feel so old now.



I look back at those days and I think Wow, this is my life. These are the things I did and the people I knew. Funny, it seems so far away now. Yesterday feels like it never happened and I know it did.



I miss the later winter nights in the movie theater down in Alvin, or outside of the Sub-way watching the cars pass by while John smoked a cigarette. Funny I don't miss high school, but I miss the group of friends I had back then. I see the people in these pictures, they look so happy. None of us are that happy now.



And I remember junior high? It's pretty much capitalized by the face you thought damn, am I bad ass? But you weren't, I didn't take many pictures back in junior high, but here is my best. The starting of friendships that are the roots of the friends I have today. There's not much to say here, I mean what can be said about friends? But I have to say this, back then we believed that nothing, not time, distance, or people; would ever separate us. We believed that to be the one and only truth. I wonder sometimes, if we all were to run into each other randomly by some chance happening only God-himself could arrange, what would happen. Maybe the bonds of true friendship never break?



Two hundred and ninety...It feels good.

2 comments:

Miss Me said...

Like you know, I really love the pics. Everybody looks so beautiful!

The Cardboard Tube Knight said...

Thank you Yara, I think you and your friend look beautiful in your picture too. It's really pretty!