Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Places I've Come to Revere the Most

I’ll try to keep this short because I really don’t feel like monologing here and I’m not really in the mood for it. I’m back at the school and I’m glad to be, going home seems to be nothing more than depressing. I can never muster up like more than two friends who actually are around to do something.

I don’t know what’s going on there, but things are better here, I’ve decided. Have you ever gone somewhere you used to feel at home with and then suddenly it felt like you didn’t belong at all. Like nothing had changed, but everything really had? That’s how I feel at home. That’s why I’m thankful to be back in this place.

See when it comes right down to it, I just know I’m lucky to have this place, to have friends like the ones I have here. I feel like there’s something I can do here. I might not have anything I can do at home, I might not have a spot there anymore, but I have something I can do, I have things I’m good at.

I need to be here to make sure I get better at doing them.

No comments: