Thursday, March 24, 2005

Just Here...

There was a lot of conversation last night, if I didn’t say this already. It did me a lot of good. Just sitting around and having intelligent conversations with guys makes me feel a little better. So much conversation with the average guy is about women, and yeah I like doing that at times too.

But other times I like to hear things that actually take a lot of thought and observations, I like to spend time watching people around me, normally when I’m really quiet its what I do. I watch the people around me, people are interesting. One thing I noticed is that a lot of things that we do from day to day involve time management.

I was telling Rickey that even a guy that sleeps with several different girls needs good time management in that he has to make sure two of them don’t show up at once. It’s not a very kind example, but it is true. And the truth is always better than being Politically Correct.

Many people think that when you tell the truth you do it for shock value, while that might be an effect of it, its not like everyone who tells the truth does that. I don’t like to shock people, I don’t even like to draw attention to myself really. I do however like to be as truthful as possible.

Rickey talked about how you can only tell certain people a certain amount of the truth. For instance, he knows that telling something to this one guy, the same one I yelled at, will not sink in because the guy is too proud and pig headed. So in that way he knows that he can’t be too real with that person, only as real as that person will allow him to be.

It’s kind of a boundary, but its not so much one that it hinders interaction. I know if Rickey had a choice he wouldn’t deal with this person, and neither would I. But oh well, things will fall where they may.

On another note I think I’m starting to develop a crush on one of Jamie’s friends. She’s just really fun to hang out with, I think Jamie noticed how I was acting. She’s getting to know my little moods better, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she saw right through me. I don’t know how to act on this, asking a girl out isn’t my area of expertise; I guess I’m just being a wuss.

I can try something when I get back from Houston this weekend, I will try to get back here ASAP. I can’t stand being home…I will talk to Jamie about all of this, but she’s sick and I’m a little worried about her. I don’t want her to be indisposed because she needs to get to work and class.

I saw Rickey and Ruth today, it was really funny seeing Ruth since we always talk about her and to her, but she’s never seen. If this were a sitcom we could just have a voice over play Ruth for when she calls over the phone. It would be cool. Ruth reminds me a lot of Rickey, and I know that she should because she’s basically Rickey’s very best friend.

Plans for tonight got canceled, I guess I could find something else to do, but I don’t know if its worth it. I’m already getting kind of tired—I think its me trying to get over this sickness.

Well I think I’m going to head off to do something else. I need something to keep me occupied for a while.

No comments: