Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Friends

I spent the morning once again serving my engagement, but tonight I actually got to go to a sneak preview of Sin City, it was really good and I actually want to see the movie again. It’s one of the best I’ve seen in a while. But I really shouldn’t go into the movie too much, no one else has really seen it and I’m still having a hard time believing that I am among the first.

There’s more on my mind than just that, things here seem to be slipping into a pretty bad place, I know in my mind that everything is fixable, but some things here seem to have gone just too far. I’d like to think that you can pick a set of friends and stand by them and stand up for them, but it seems that the more and more I think about it the more and more I realize that the people that I would really stick up for, the ones that I really can count on to come help me out in a real pinch, are getting to be fewer and fewer.

It seems you make enemies by just not taking crap off people, its hard to stick up for yourself and not be set out as some kind of asshole. When all you did is just tell someone you didn’t like what they were doing to you.

I have friends here I would do anything for, because they’ve been there for me. Friends are those people you can count on, the ones that are down there in the trenches with you when shit gets topsy-turvy. There’s not a lot of that in this world and I’m thankful to have it.

I think I go over this all of the time, but it can’t be said enough. I love my friends!

Look, don’t worry I am going to write about some serious shit tomorrow, so check back then.

No comments: