Saturday, October 21, 2006

Not An Action of Inaction

It's bad when your mouth is sown shut by circumstance, when you're not physical barred from speaking, but you know that your words can only do harm. Maybe if you thought that fanning the flames with these words would pass quickly and have little effect in the long run you could do it, you could jump through this and offer up what little hurt comes out of it. Did you ever have something you wanted to say, something that might hurt someone, something that might just hurt someone and do them no good, or it could just hurt a little and be a moment of clarity for them.



You're so afraid to hurt someone that you just jump on th grenade, hoping that it will blow soon but it doesn't. Do you think it noble to hold these things in and let them eat you up inside? I have been thinking about a lot of the things I see going on around me. You know how when someone is bullshitting and you can tell, its almost like you can smell the shit. But you keep your mouth shut, and you don't say anything because it's not your place.



You wonder where along the line did knowing the truth become a liability. I said something to someone last night, in the heat of a conversation and I meant it. I just said it because it needed to be said, so often I sit there and I say things when they absolutely have to be said, but this time, I said something that needed to be said a long time ago. I said it because quite frankly I think that its true and I don't know why its okay to say it in the company of women, but the second your boys are around there is some problem.



If what I said makes it seems like my values have changed, they haven't. They have been the same for quite some time, and you can call me judgemental or old fashioned, but I don't care it's bullshit. They're just the values that I think cause the least harm to others who deserve less harm. Why harm those that have done nothing other than exist.



I really don't have much to say right now, and I can't give away the exact nature of what was said. But you can bet that it's a big step for me to take. All too often we say we are taking action, but all that action really is could be some fancy way of taking inaction. Well this is me taking action.

No comments: