Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hope

You can step to the edge of your own little world and look around, from way up here you can see all of the trees, you can look down into the valleys of your life and the peaks of its mountains, somewhere down there is everything you have accomplished, all of your hopes and dreams and everything you have wanted and lost. From up here it will all seem so miniscule. From up here even the biggest span of life will seem like nothing more than a short trip.



I can tell you that looking back at the way things have gone for me I have learned not to get to hopeful about things, I have learned that I shouldn't always expect the best, because people have a tendancy of letting you down. And others that say trust in God or Love or things like that don't realize, that God doesn't mess with free will, and Love depends on two people.



Hope is a strong thing, hope is like the second strongest emotion I would think, its like Agent Mulder on X-Files said, "For a long time when I walked into my room I would close my eyes because when I opened them I expected her to be there, just laying in bed like nothing had happened. Scully, I'm still walking into that room." Of course he was talking about his little sister, the thing is, I think we're all walking into that room. We all have something that we hold onto hope for.



Hope will last as long as the there are Humans, because the Human Heart is the only place that Hope can reside. I'm not the most hopeful person, but I still have hope, I still hold onto something and know that something will happen in my heart. It's hard not to, because without hope I really don't think we're very much Human.

No comments: