Friday, September 22, 2006

A Picture is Worth 515 Words




Time has flown by so fast, I started this blog in the summer before I moved to college. I learned to much about myself in college, its been two years now. I have met so many great people, and even more not so great people. Looking back I can tell you that there has been a lot of ups and downs. The picture I posted here is basically two of the people I have met while in this city, Debra and Heather.



When I think back on Debra its funny, I used to have a crush on her. I went as far as to say that she was the most attractive girl I had met at UTSA. While she didn't have the things I usually consider a dead winner (red hair, green eyes) she did have something else that counts more, a great personality. She was always cheerful and friendly. She was just cutesy, a little ditsy and just all around fun. I am happy to say that even though almost everyone I talked to Freshmen year pissed me off multiple times, she never did.



Heather I have only known about a year, but what a year it has been, she has changed so much and seen me do the same. And to think that if I hadn't met her I wouldn't know Persephanie, Greg and a lot of the other people that I now know. Back when I met her I really didn't know much about her. She came to dinner one night dressed up really nice and I figured she was one of those girls who was really shy, prim and proper. She wasn't really shy at all though. Heather was loud, she was like bottled up excitement and she can always make someone smile.



I bring these two up because I really wanted to go and explore some of the other things that have happened since I got to college. Soon after getting here I made the comment that college is like a Hurricane, its unpredictable, it can change at any time, and you never know how wide the path of destruction might be. While I love college, because of the way you are grouped so close to people, you tend to have a problem with things moving too fast for you to even be able to define them. When I first got here I made friends in a matter of days that it felt like I had known for months.



It was like we were in an alternate dimension or something, things were just moving too fast and what seemed like a friendship was nothing more than an acquaintance sometimes. That's important to remember. I would also like to think I felt what true unrequited love felt like for the first time. And it really hurt, it did a number on me. Thank God that I can somewhat trust again and understand that not every woman will be like that. So much has happened, I don't know what will come next, but I do know its kind of exciting to think.

No comments: