Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Job

I know that its early, well not early in the sense of time, but early in the sense that I do not usually do blog entries at this time of day. And even then there have always been exceptions. Like if I get crazy good news that I just have to put out there while the excitment is still fresh. Well today it's just the opposite. I have bad news to share, but I guess that depends on how you take it. But the whole story I'll retell for you all below, because I think it just stands out as something that can teach everyone just how bad it can be when you work for an unknown company that's a small business.



Well you all know that a month ago I quit my job, I wrote about it , not much though. Because I really just wanted to put it all behind me. I waited a pretty long time to go back and check up on my money. But what you need to know is that I worked for this company almost three months, I was a Security Guard, I lost a piece of equipment that was at least six months old, had been worn from use and what not, they wanted me to pay for it and docked fifty dollars out of each check for it.



Here is where things get interesting, after this point in time I go yelled at on a weekly basis by a supervisor who worked there. He used to come out and accuse me of not being vigilent, used to accuse me of all kinds of things like sleeping, not working and stuff like that. When its obvious that I never once feel asleep on the job, and while I was in my car when the equipment got stolen, I was wide awake watching the cars, which is what I am supposed to be doing.



I quit the job when my brother did because I knew they would take his quitting out on me, so fast forward to just a few hours ago, I went up to the old office to turn in my other equipment and pick up what was left of my last check. Well I went in there and they told me that my last check was zero dollars and that I still owed them two hundred and six dollars on top of that.



Well I started to tell them that I would pay the money back, so long as I got my last check, but they told me there was nothing left of it, they had taken it to add it to the other money I had owed for the lost equipment. Well then I informed them that my brother had found the same equipment for less money, the boss first told me off about mentioning my brother and then got onto me about how they weren't going to take some shit I found on the internet because there was no warranty (his words, not mine).



I then tried to tell them that I needed to get some money, and they told me if I had quit with two weeks notice they would have no withheld my last check, but I know that's not true, their malicious to people all of the time for quitting, but they will just as soon fire you for no reason. Well as I was asking about something the boss told me not to talk over him, to which I replied, "Fuck that".



Why should I listen to someone who is talking down to me, he actually had the nerve to say "I need to replace my stolen equipment that was taken while you were half asleep in your car". Bullshit, I was wide awake in my car, or in the back of the propety, it doesn't matter. They never told me how much the thing costed or not to leave it alone, I knew the radio was expensive, hence why I never left it alone. But I had never been trained or anything, so when I was done, I left the other piece of equipment in the Golfcart. When it was stolen I could have been any number of places. The fact of the matter is, I was doing my job the whole time.



So I got my check, it was for zero dollars and here I am now without my money and they are threatening to take me to court over it, but who knows I might be able to prove my case and tell the judge, I was never trained, there was nothing in the book on how to do the job about locking gates or the like, or the cost of equipment. On the off chance that they do win the case, I have a contengency plan. I am going to offer to buy the equipment myself from where ever they want. Why? Well simple, their business is in trouble, this way I can make sure I don't allow them to use my money for anything else but this stupid equipment. I mean they replaced the thing the next day.



That's just going to be how it goes, I don't want them using my money, even though its not that much in the mind of a company, to help them out. I can't let them because they did too much stuff to me over the months, this will be my way of making sure they don't get one more.

No comments: