Sunday, September 03, 2006

Memoria

What are we chronicling anymore? A lot of this feels like it was for nothing, and a lot of this feels like something is going to come of all of it very soon. These days I am working and I am writing; I am all in all trying to make something happen out there, I am trying to make something noticed. It dawned on me that life should be a commentary, what you should give should be a better future for those you leave in your wake.



Don't get to thinking I am wanting to start some stupid, clean the Earth program. But what I am saying is that we all make mistakes, we all do things we wish we wouldn't have. And you know Hell I can say this right now, some times it sets us back for a long time. Some times something happens and there's no getting over it, or so it seems. I still think that about some things, stuff that happened to me years ago still has an effect on me. The other morning I sat and watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.



If this movie tries to stress anything, its how important memories are. I mean when you think about it, all we are is vessels that are the sum of our memories. All we have to offer the world is the lessons learned from our mistakes, left for them to find in our wakes as we dance out of this world. While there are some memories I think I could do without, some times of my life that when thought back on cause nothing but pain, I know that to get rid of them would essentially be me getting rid of myself.



"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot?


The world forgetting, by the world forgot.


Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind,


Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."

No comments: