Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Chamber Maid: Sex vs. Intimacy

Intimacy versus Sex, or more importantly casual sex.



Let me explain, I see sex inside of marriage as the most legitimate form of sex, then comes sex in a relationship, a distant third is spontaneous sex between two people outside of a relationship, but who know each other. I say that because at least they know something of one another and care about each other. Lastly, an even further out there one is casual sex.



Now intimacy is not exactly the same as sex, although sex can be intimate, not all intimacy is sex. A lot of things can be intimate, I can be intimately close to a good friend even, I have had very few friends I would use that specific word for, but it can happen. I feel like some people group these two things together. Greg did just that the other day. I was talking about how seeking sex with an underaged girl just because she has large breasts is wrong, he told me that I was in the same boat.



I won't explain who he was referring to me liking, but I will say this, its not the same thing. Me really, truly liking someone goes much deeper than this desire to "bone" them, as someone so quaintly put it. When someone compares you really caring about someone, with someone just thinking that someone would be a good fuck, its a little offensive to have someone tell you that, to even accuse you of that.



I know that I may sound pompous trying to say that, but its just not the way I want to view every girl I see. And I don't think the first thing that you should try to come up with when you meet them is a reason to sleep with them. I'm not the kind to look for that in a woman. I want to make sure that everyone out there knows, that casual sex with someone you don't even know, just to get off isn't intimacy, its two adults licking each other's wounds. And if you only got to know them to create an avenue for sexual interaction, its the same thing. Don't fool yourself, because when its all said and done that other person is going to be like the chamber maid. They set up everything, leave until you're gone, and come back to clean up the mess.

No comments: