Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Walk

So you guys know there's mnore out there than just, well this. Right I mean we have been told all of our lives that things change from time to time, people go through stages and tht's just how life is. I think that at this stage, at the stage of life that I'm in, nothing is really sure. Nothing is really going to be any way for certain.



To be honest things haven't been the same around here for a while, I have found that some of the people I once held in such a high regard have fallen to the point that I am no longer to even look at them the same way. When I say that I mean it in the most stirring way. I have friends that I once thought of as some of the nicest most righteous people, now...



What happened? Did I change what I thought was righteous, did they change in fact and the person I once saw them as is still somewhere buried inside or still some where out there? Or in truth were they never really that way at all, were they pretending? I don't know why I thought about all of this, but I did, I took a walk down to campus early this morning, and when I say early I mean it was about one thrity or two. I wanted to see what it was like to be out there, away from this place when others were in their beds. I wanted to see what came to my mind when I was left to ponder on things a while.



The more I reflect on things, the more that I began to think that there might be some merit to them. So long I have been subjected to people telling me that the things I have said aren't right or they aren't nice. That I shouldn't speak so about such and such person. I have bitten my tongue again and again and I really am tired. I am tried of looking at someone as a they are, speaking about what I see and having someone tell me that its not like that.



That person can help but be a dick, you don't have to act like that towards others. No matter how much you might have been hurt in the past, God I know that we have all been hurt in the past. But not everyone takes to compeltely hating others. And I can think of several people I know who have been hurt way more than others, that are really nice. A little too nice. The logic that someone being hurt in the past doesn't make total sense to me, and even if it did, its not an excuse to be mean to nice people.



I guess what I mean to say is, there's a lot that we all have to learn about each other, and a lot to learn from one another. Don't ruin it by letting past problems get in the way, people aren't the same as each other, if someone in the past hurt you for such and such, don't think every one you meet will do the same.

No comments: