Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Myspace Culture, Anime Imitates Life, And Easter Weekend

Alright, I am breaking this blog up into sections by what I am talking about in them.



Myspace Culture

I was looking over a friend's survey that they posted on Myspace and one of the questions was do you like having your hair pulled? And of course like the person who had filled out the survey, it was a girl, had put yeah, in the right situation. It's obvious what the situation is...



I guess I have known about this for a pretty long time, I just didn't think about it. I really think that these surveies get a little too persoanl, and I guess it is fine if your like me and you have done absolutely nothing, but some people proudly wear the terrible things they have done as if these are things they should take pride in.



Do you think it makes you any better if you sleep with two girls at the same time? or even vice versa. I'm not saying that answering the question truthfully is the problem. I know that there are some people out there who don't know any better. And the girl who's profile I read that on, yeah it wasn't a big deal because she was being truthful and not doing anyone else any harm. But then...here goes the big one. I see people who actually think it is cool that they have cheated on someone or things like that.



What makes you think that you are so good that you can cheat? I don't understand where people get off with this shit, I sometimes think, this is why the world is so fucked up. Its not because the world is fucked from the start, its because people make it that way. I mean they don't even try to make things right. They don't try, they just want things to fall in place for them, they want to hold hands and sing a song about it and have it all be alright. That's not how it works at all.



I think that myspace is a good website, but like most good ideas it gets twisted. I remember when I first got to myspace I hardly ever saw a bulletin that was a survey or anything like that. I think that most of the time people would just announce when something good or bad happened to them. And the whole thing with the photos, the way that so many people take certain kind of photos, the way that so many people confrom to the way that things on myspace are supposed to be.



Realistically we see things on here that people would never do in real life, which is one of the problems and points of the internet. While you can do things on here that you could never do in real life, like talk to people across the world for basically free. But at the same time you can see how people would think that they could do whatever they want.



So often on myspace there are those people that leave lude comments about how they would like to Get all up in that ass or do other asinine things to others. I see it all of the time, picture comments that someone never even would want to read, ones that are all about sex. Now I am not going to go on a lecture about sex. But I have to say that basing what you want to do sexually on a picture alone is bullshit. You don't even know that person's personality. I could really go on like this for ever, but I will give it a break.



Anime Imitates Life

Brandon and I had a discussion about Naruto just in relation to things in real life. I guess that there was more there to talk about than can be said right here, because I don't want to go through all of that word for word. But the major point that we made was about this character, Gaara. The character when you first meet him is basically evil, he kills people and loves to see pain and hurt. But you later find out thats because as a child people saw him as monster, just because he was different, just because of things that he couldn't help. And as the story progresses you see that he is very much like the main character, Naruto.



Naruto was resented for the way he was too, but he didn't really hurt anyone, he just lashed out and craved attention. When he finally made friends his circle of friends never stopped expanding, he kept finding himself in the middle of more and more friends, until everyone believed in him. Switch it back to Gaara who grows into a bitter teen who no one cares for, even his brother and sister fear him. Well when the two meet Gaara wonders why Naruto is so eager to protect his friends, Naruto explains to him that these are his precious people, that because of them he has someone to protect.



Now Brandon I think was trying to use this point to say that if people don't cling to someone, then the person who is left alone will turn bitter. But I see this a different way, I see it as a way to say, don't be like Gaara, don't just turn you back on the world when it turns its back on you. Naruto had the need to be noticed, he wanted to be seen and respected by all because he wanted people to see that he was worth something.



We were talking about how Phil, a kid at the school here seems to want attention but he goes about getting it in a demeaning way, he belittles others who are actually trying to be nice to him and he lies and talks shit behind your back. I know that a lot of us catch Hell in life, I know what it is like to feel like no one will ever care to really get to know you. But then, I found people who did. I found a lot of them at that. And that makes me know that you can go another path, you can keep on being who you are despite the fact that the world tells you not to be that way.



I could have rushed off to the first party that came along and fucked some girls, had all of this liquor and gotten torn up and just been one of the guys in high school. But I didn't want to be that way, I wanted to wait until I found someone I was looking for, I wanted to wait until I found friends that I could really talk to on a level of interpersonal things, not just about what we had to drink or what drugs are fun to use. I might joke, but it doesn't mean I do it.



Interlude

Wow, I think I might go back and divide all of this blog up so that you guys don't have to look at it all, because I had a lot of shit to say here it looks like.



Easter Weekend

This might be thge shortest part of this blog yet, and yeah I know that's not saying much. It would appear that this weekend I will be unable to see Sandra, and that isn't really a big problem. I really wanted to see her but I know that a week will only make it better when I finally do. Its funny, I have been looking forward to it so much, but I found myself saying things I never thought I would when she told me that we couldn't see each other.



I don't know what it means, but you know how you play things in your head, just as kind of a thought, and you think how would I react and then when the situation finally arises you react the complete opposite way? That's what this felt like. I was sad, but I didn't get angry. I just offered a little compromise but if she can't do it I understand and we can adjust things as needed.



Maybe I am growing up, maybe I'm learning something.

No comments: