Thursday, April 06, 2006

Now That's How A Man Should Be!

Right now I guess I should be feeling pretty, good, excited about going out with friends tomorrow and then excited about Easter. I just can't wait to go home and I can't wait to see Sandra. But there's something else I would like to do, something really important, I'd just like to meet her parents and say hi to them and stuff like that. Let them know I'm a good guy, because I really don't mean her any harm, that is the last thing I would want to come to her.



Will it be hard, I don't even know if she will be all for it yet. There are so many things I have never done in life, such as meet a girl's parents. I mean how would I have, I have never had the chance. The closest I have ever come is the time that I met my friend Megan's mother, she asked me all of these questions about how I was Catholic and all this stuff, they were Catholic too. I remember feeling so intimidated by all of it. But then her mom came to trust me, and let Megan hang out later when I was in a group with her. Just because I wouldn't let any of my friends down. Not my true friends.



The way I think about all of this, because I hope to have a daughter some day is that I feel like I want to treate any girl I date as I would expect any guy to treat my daugther. If my daughter says no or tells him to lay off, he should. If he thinks its cute to make dirty comments to my daughter or treat her like a piece of meat he is sorely mistaken. I want to tell her dad and mom this face to face, I want a chance to defend myself. Because I really don't think I am a normal guy, I sure as hell don't act like one.



And while I act like a sarcastic dick to many people, I never act that way with her, I don't think I could if I wanted to. I mean when I look at her, when I talk to her its like I'm talking to a Princess. Like I'm looking at royalty, I hope she remembers I said that. I want her to know that for sure, and I want her family to know it too.



Well, it is 1:30 in the morning and I am going to hit up the Wal-Mart, the middle of the day crowds make me sick. And besides, I need time to get out, clear my head and think about what else I need to say. I need to get it out. Oh and for the first time in my blog's history, don't expect to know everything that goes on with Sandra and I, I'm not the type to tell much of anything, I think its private. And no I don't mean like that, I just like to have something I share with someone else and only that person. Just the way I look at her sometimes, it needs to stay sacred between us. I know I said I would try not to keep things from my readers, but I'm not sorry that I have something I can share with someone and no you all.



Men too often brag about what they have done, men also too often forget they might have daughters too some day, I'm not saying I'm a real man yet, but I'm just saying that holding things sacred, considering the girl over himself, That's How A Man Should Be!

No comments: