Saturday, August 07, 2004

One More Time With Feeling

With my track record with these kinds of things I guess its safe to say that this is probably something I should have done a long time ago. I love to write and well, its 3:29 AM and I’m still here trying to get this done. I doubt anyone will ever see this, and I doubt even more that they’ll care. My life’s not all that exciting and most of what I do is write and draw. I used to have one of those Xanga things, I really didn’t like it as much as I already like this. And with me going to college and all I think that this could be something my friends could look at and be like, “Yeah, he’s doing just fine.” Even though I probably won’t be.



Tomorrow I’m supposed to be going to baby sit my brother’s kids while he’s away for a while. I’m worried because I need to get a birthday gift for a pretty good friend of mine and I don’t know what to get, I guess in a pinch I always pull through right at the end, hmm I am an excellent gift giver. I’m just hoping I’ll have time to do all of the shopping and stuff.



Well on to the more interesting things, I guess my writing has taken a turn for the better, even I have a hard time denying my improvement. I’m working on a story for a friend’s site, some of you may have come across it before on the web, North Castle, the sites become pretty dear to me and I’d like to wish the webmistress, Juliet a happy birthday because the site just turned seven years old. If you don’t know, that’s very good a site, web years are like double dog years people. The site is still beautifully done and she works so hard to make it that way!



Lately she and I have been the idea of doing a writing project together, its really something I’d love to see happen and I’m looking forward to it more than anything else I have on the table. The only thing even coming close to getting me that excited is my opportunity to have my own site—its still in the works, but there’s something there, The Great Northern Crater. I’m hoping that the whole site thing works out, it’d be real fun to do and it’d be something to help me keep in contact with my friends.



I just found out this week that they improved Yahoo messenger, so its nothing like it used to be. If you had it before and hated it (like I did) try it again. I once told a friend that yahoo messenger is like that drunk guy who shows up to parties late. He comes in acting to rowdy and then spikes the punch, then MSN and AIM get drunk and they start wigging out. It’s never really a pretty site when you watch one messenger sign itself in and out, as yahoo just signs back out and stays off and then the other messenger loses all of your contacts. But what can I say, Yahoo did good on their improvement.



I always thought that the messengers so be combined, like into some kind of universal messenger, and I don’t mean like Trillian. I mean something that has the same contact list, emoticons and everything for AOL, MSN, hotmail, Yahoo, and ICQ#. Like they could all be interchangeable. I don’t see why the companies have to be pricks about it, how much money do you make off those things anyway?



It looks like I’ll be in college soon, my scores from the test I took came back as good as anyone could have hoped and I’m kind of excited but then I’m a little scared too. Especially since there’s someone I think I’m kind of falling for that I won’t get to see as often (who the hell am I kidding, I don’t see her often enough as is). All and all it reminds me of a Blink-182 song off the Enema of the State album, not the best of their albums. But the song was called “Going Away to College”, my thoughts can always be traced back to some goofy punk song.



People always say that girls come and go, but its funny when you hurt so bad for someone but then you just want it to keep hurting because you know that at least then you know it can only get better. Things never hurt more than that first time someone tells you no, and even though she never has, it still makes me kind of afraid. Relationshis are crazy things, Love is even crazier, it overrides most of our normal thought process and even the smallest hint of it can send us into a dizzying spiral of emotions. I mean there’s no one emotion to describe it, when you fall in love you get happy, sad, angry, jealous, scared, confused and so many other things and all the while you’re still in love. It’s all too complicated to explain. I just hope I can muster up the courage to tell this girl when the time comes.



Has anyone seen the new Penny Arcade, its a goregeous work of art as usual. Gabe and Tycho are at the top of their game. It's really a must see...



Well I guess I can talk more at a later time, I hope to do this again tomorrow if my nieces and nephew don’t rip me limb from limb…if you happen to be passing by, and you see three small kids dressed in the skin of their uncle, using his bones for drums, just avoid eye contact.

No comments: