Sunday, August 08, 2004

Can't Believe It....

Okay, yeah so I'm utterly pissed, and with good reason. I spent the day baby sitting which went as smoothly as it could, hell I came back alive. And I got to sit and draw with my nieces and nephew for a few hours. I kind of had fun, and I was actually dreading it. At least they watch movies and don't need someone playing with them constantly. But the problem I'm having today started early this morning when I left for my brother's (early for me is like 10). My step-mom was mad about this picture I knocked off the wall on accident while dragging her bag up the stairs because she wanted to unload it up there and have me bring the clothes down. (which makes no sense when she could just unload them in her room and then put the bag up herself).

Well the glass on the front of the picture broke, my mom was somewhere else at the time so I naturally just picked up the galss, swept and vaccumed. Then I wrapped the picture in a big black trash bag and set it in the garage. Naturally my Aunt heard it break and asked me what happened, I told her the picture fell and I'd get it. So she told my mom the next morning and my mom screamed at me for trying to hide what I did and she complained about how I needed to get it fixed right away. Then when I asked where to get it done, she couldn't tell me. So I basically haven't gotten that done yet and she's bitched about it every chance she got.

Just to be rude today she used both lines at our house to download those stupid ass windows updates! The worst part is that no one can call in on the phone. If I even talk on line one and use the internet on the other, which doesn't have call watiing she freaks out. But line one does and I can easliy flash over. She sets rules and standards that just don't make good sense. She used to not allow me to talk on my cell phone when I was at home, even though I had free weekends. She said it just didn't make sense why I should. It makes sense, because I get tired of hearing, "Justin I need to use the phone," from her two seconds after I finish dialing a number.

Its a small wonder that people grew up as unmessed up as they did if parents like her were all there were at one time. My dad just says she's being old fashioned. I mean I have a clear memory of when she told me that whatever she said was correct, she used the example that if she said the sky was green then it was green, no matter what I really saw. She also told me that thing about children are to be seen, not heard. Like we're suppose to be pieces in a meusem! What I hated the most was the statement that people had children so that they wouldn't have to do things for themselves all of the time. That's a completely selfish way to think and I can't believe she would say something like that, especially to a kid. And it wasn't in a joking manner.

She's locked me out of the house for a week at a time, setting the alarm I have no idea how to disarm just so I can't get back in here. She tells me I'm not trustworthy enough to be left alone at the house. Even though I'm 18 years old and have been for a while now. I've never had wild parties or done anyhting like that. She accuses me of doing all this stuff with girls or wanting to. I've never done anything more than kiss girls and in the furture I hope I remember that any girl I go out with its not because I want to sleep with her, that's just retarded as hell.

So if at any point down the line from then if I sound like I'm being rude to her, just keep in mind there's good reason for it. I'm not ranting about her just because she grounded me for doing something wrong. Hell I haven't done anything other than not take out the trash that was wrong since school ended.

All of this does provide me with a template of what not to do with my kids, I hope I have little girls and I don't ever want to make them feel like property. I want to be able to trust them until they do something wrong, not trust the first, then when she does something bad punish the other three who had no part in it. I'm not going to sit here and say they'll be the best behaved little kids, because there's no way to know. But I can say this, they will be loved.

With that I have the good news, I will be going somewhere with Aubrey and some other friends tomorrow night. I'm really excited about it, but not excited enough to erase the annoyment of the last few days. I'll get to see some of my friends I hardly get to see on this little adventure and we might go to the boardwalk and ride the Grand Wheel of Death, aka, the Ferris Wheel (I don't like heights). Since Aubrey needs a place for the party after we leave there we're going to come crash back at my place, thank God my mom will be gone! It looks like this might be fun and someone I've been aching to see might even be there! The downside to all of this is I have to clean this place up, its a wreck downstairs. My other nephew and cousin saw to that. And I need to stock up on Kool Aid and Sugar for tea...and fresh water, we have well but its busted so the water here is tasting like ass. I think that I'm going to start a new trend for myself. Yeah I will....here goes....until next time....


See You Space Cowboy...

No comments: