Sunday, February 20, 2005

Headlong

Things around here have fallen back into place it seems, for the time being, last night I went out and saw the movie Constantine, and hardly any of us could really go see the movie. It was just me, Rickey, and Jennifer. Which kind of sucked, I’m tired of this “go nowhere, do nothing attitude” that the others are having. I understand the reasoning that Mandi had for not going.

But most of the time I think that there is this need for like half of my friends to sit in their rooms and just be lonely and sad. I do admit I feel lonely 90% of the time, I’m even sad sometimes, I mean there’s things I think about that just make me feel kind of bad and I don’t like to be out and doing things all of the time. Hell I’m in my room right now alone with nothing more than this PC and my TV. But if someone wants me to come over then I probably will.

This weekend the campus is empty, as of yesterday, Desiree, Brandon, Hannah, Lauren, Kristen, Katherine and Alicia were out of town. I don’t spend much time with half of them but things have been kind of boring. I borrowed Eddies Seinfeld collection and have been watching it a lot. I notice now that this show has a lot of very true social commentary in it. In the episode I’m watching right now Jerry talks about how when you go out to eat and you are hungry money is no object.

My favorite quote from his little rant (because that’s what it is) is “More drinks! Appetizers quickly, quickly, it will be the greatest meal of our lives.” I think that this sums it all up pretty good. I mean you just don’t seem to think that all of the prices will add up or something.


I spent most of yesterday with Rickey and Jamie. They seem to be the most fun people around this weekend, everyone else is being boring as watching a pile of shit gather maggots.


I’ve also been thinking about Nicole’s birthday, she seemed pretty against them keeping her away from her place. I think if they wanted to surprise her they should have used my place, beautiful 8.106. And second of all, I would have acted the same way. I hate having surprises thrown for me and even though it would show how much my friends care. I think that it kind of seems odd. I have this weird thing about not being center of attention. I hate attention and if there’s anyone thing I want for my birthday its something I’ll probably never get from a person who already knows what it is.


I have some high hopes for this upcoming week, I hope that things go better than the last. After all that’s why I think God gives us time, because we never get things all the way right and we have more chances to do it next time around. Its like he wants us to do better.


Guess we’ll just have to dive headlong into next week.

No comments: