Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The First Day of Lent

Today was slower than yesterday, while I do have to admit that I did have some fun in my politics and media class, many of the things I talked about on the phone last night were still there in my mind. I ignored them and I tried to start moving on, for the sake of my friends because I hate to seem them worry about me.

Eddie and Rickey were at a concert for most of the day so the rest of us were left to find ways to entertain ourselves. After class I walked back with Hannah and Lauren and we deiced that we’d all meet up again at dinner. Dinner came and went after another afternoon of me sitting around aimlessly twiddling my thumbs. I felt like I could be writing or doing something.

After dinner I went to see Mandi and I hung out there for a while, there’s something that makes me feel better about hanging around Mandi, its kind of the same feeling I get from hanging around with some of my other friends, their just the people who make you want to smile and you know that no matter what you can pull through whatever it is because you have to make it.

I sat and talked with Mandi and her roommate Elizabeth for a while ( I just realized something, this journal gets more and more like a story with characters and the like). Sometimes its really hard for me to tell when Mandi is joking or when she’s being serious. I don’t know if she can really look angry at all because from what I see all of her faces have a way of being kind of cute.

You know that thing some guys pull where they tell a girl she’s cute when she’s mad? Well some of them actually get more pissed about it, so I learned never to actually voice the opinion of how they look when they get mad. Some girls can look really fierce, I’m thinking of a really good one in particular, Alania.

She could scare the hell out of you when she got mad I heard, and I just heard tales, never actually witnessed the hellish anger rumored to be there. I really do miss her though, she was probably one of the prettiest and sweetest people I will ever know.

Speaking of people from my school I had a short conversation with Amanda tonight, thank God for the internet so we can keep in touch with people like that!

For those of you who don’t know about this, today is Ash Wednesday, it’s a holiday where you have ashes put on your forehead and it commemorates the beginning of Lent which is supposed to signify the 40 days that Jesus spent in the desert. Many people give up something for lent, but the trick to it is in those 40 days, the Sunday’s don’t count. So you have free reign on those.

I’m not going to have meat on any of the Friday’s of Lent, and I start off like that too, which means I had my last meat yesterday. This shouldn’t be too hard since the UC meat taste like crap. I have to go though, today is also Jamie’s birthday, and I need to go out and get her something. So that has to happen sometime today because I haven’t had a ride at any other time. Guess I better get cracking!

To break back into an old tradition that I had on my old Live Journal….

You’re Gonna Carry That Weight

No comments: