Friday, November 05, 2004

A Little Less Conversation

Today, what to say about a beautiful day like this, good times always have a way of sneaking right up behind you when you least expect it. Things couldn't be going better, well they could be, but beggers can't be choosers, now can that? I woke up today around one o' clock and rolled out the bed in some sort of daze, my stomach burning and a headache slamming around the front of my forehead.
I lay there in pain for a moment and decided to call Casey to see if she had any kind of medicine to help this, she did and I had to wait a while before she got back to let me in and give it to me. Does anyone else notice that guys aren't usually concerned with health matters? I mean I don't even know where the hospital is in this town.

I do know if I call 911 someone will take me there and I know how to get some treatment, but I just don't worry about these kinds of things. But as most of us know, black people aren't normally into high stress activties, unless the activties include 1) walking past the cops, 2) being anywhere in the area of a crime or 3) going through Alabama to get ANYWHERE.

So I have no need to know where the nearest hospital is, I don't plan on getting hurt any time soon. That's right, God's a fair guy, he's pretty much not likely to let you get hurt if you stay away from doing crazy things, like hanging off the side of cars (which I was dumb enough to do) and bungee jumping, which you'll never see me do.

I went to Anthropology and took a test, which I'm very optimistic about, because even if I do poorly, because my grades tend to be high B's he'll just raise the low one, if there is only one. I have a test Monday in my other Anthropology and one Tuesday in my (dreadful) History class.

As you can probably tell from my description of History, I do not like it one bit, the only cool thing is the girl who sits behind me, Lisa, she's really funny and we talk between bounts of the Professor going on. It's just a friendly thing, I already have someone in mind and this other girl is too old for me!

After those classes I met Desiree for dinner, went as well as I could expect it to go, but afterwards I told her that I liked her, and I expected the worst, like her to walk off or something like that. But she just turned a little red and smiled, and that's always good. So she and I aren't a couple, but we're going out, this time for real--its declared--a date next week on Thursday....

I need to come up with a car, some cash and a plan before this, I better get cracking. So next week, two tests wait I mean three, because there's one in Polotics--I have to e-mail my prof about that one. But until tomorrow I'm going to have to go, I have planning and writing to do, papers due next week!

No comments: