Saturday, November 27, 2004

The First Time In A Long Time

Here I am again from the home computer typing up one of these things, I wish I was back at my dorm, with my keyboard and my computer. I built that thing and it feels like such a part of me now…

Other keyboards feel like some form of adultery when I type on them and I know that must sound weird but even now my fingers are feeling this keyboard out, trying to get the hang of what it is.

Yesterday was interesting to say the least, I rolled out of bed at about one o’ clock and I knew that I had to get out of this house as soon as I could. PJ wanted me to bring back his notebook he had left with me when he had come to San Antonio, so I went and got in the shower, got dressed and grabbed the notebook on my way out.

I headed to PJ’s as fast as I could expecting to only be there for a little bit of time, I had a comic I was working on the night before I wanted to finish. It was the remake of one of my classics, a comic by the name of Almost Never. If you’ve ever read Almost Never then you know that it is a work of genius that may never be achieved by the likes of my mind again. I’m redoing it because of the shabby artwork.

When I got to PJ’s we started to talk, and I was having so much fun that we kept talking and it seemed like before I realized the amount of time that had passed his mom was knocking on the door. I hadn’t seen his mom since like August so I decided to talk to her a while. Then Tiffany called me and asked when I was coming over. So I decided I should head over there because it had been too long since I had seen her.

I had to meet Tiffany at Casa Ole where she worked and that was fine with me, I got to meet a lot of the people that she worked with, one of the girls, the one that kept coming over and sitting and talking to Tiffany, was very pretty and seemed really sweet.

Tiffany ate while I sat there and she asked me about things and I told her about them and she told me about things that I asked her. It was fun to see her again but it just didn’t seem real because it hadn’t happened in so long, then there the thing with her and PJ. I told her that I honestly believe that she and PJ will be able to be friends again, I don’t know if she believes it, but Alexis says the same.

Who knows, maybe someday it’ll be like a Seinfeld type thing or something where we all still get along and can hang out. But that’s besides the point, I went back to Tiffany’s house with her and I talked to her lovely sister Jaime some, Tiffany talked for little intervals but she was getting tired. Jamie and I somehow ended up having a very tame political discussion, when Tiffany’s dad heard he had to come join in.

He’s really fun to talk to and when everyone has the same views political discussions are fun. But he had to do some work and Tiffany was starting to sleep so I decided to head home. It was only about nine. On the way home I stopped off at Justin Martin’s. He wasn’t back from work but I talked to his mom and dad for a while and then went to meet him when he got off work.

We hung out at IHOP and talked for about an hour, but there were no real highlights to that bit. He told me that he and his girlfriend were broken up which is really sad because she’s a sweet girl. But I guess that’s how things go.

Everything here has changed and despite what I’d like to think I know that going away has allowed me to stay mostly the same. Sure I don’t constantly play video games or write as much as I’d like to, but I’m still the same me. It seems like everyone else has changed. Sometimes it seems like change would be a good thing, like it would get me that girl of my dreams, but I know better than that because its not how things work out in the real world.

In the movies people make this miraculous change, in the real world it just back fires. Understand when I say real world I mean the real world we live in, not that trashy show on MTV. People confuse real life with something that never happens in real life. And people find that exciting when to me real life can be just as exciting as most movies.

Well I better get back to my real life, on a side not, its hurting to be away from school, I miss a lot of the people I hang out with. Namely one I seem to miss when she just goes back to her place. It seems Christmas break will be really hard.

No comments: