Wednesday, December 01, 2004

A Cold Day and The Hit On Usher

It’s really safe to say that I am feeling better, I got to talk to Desiree today and tell her what I think about things, what I think about her and I was completely honest. I really feel something for this girl and it will take me time to get over her if I do get over this. Its hard to move on from something that seems this right.

But I’m fine with her for now, we’re going to be friends because it means the world to me.

So now I have what I have waited for, the Linkin Park and Jay-Z CD, Collision Course. I love it, they match up so well. I also picked up Flogging Molly while I was at it. I feel a little better, these are the first CDs I’ve bought since being here.

Well as the title of this little venture would suggest its cold outside, and I mean the kind of cold where you are literally paralyzed to the point of immobility. I tough it out, because the cold is like my natural habitat, that’s who I am.

I’m satisfied with today, but I have a lot to do tomorrow, talk to Allison, write a paper, and just make sure I get some stuff done before the semesters out, then I have to start on Desi’s gift—a card, the chocolate and a portrait of her. I hope that my drawing skills are back enough, my gaming seems to be up to par, I handled some stuff on Smash Bros. Melee well, I mean I haven’t played the game since summer and I lost every match but one—but I have to get the feel for Peach back.

Anyway, I need to get all of this stuff squared away, I also need to apologize to Chanele because I pissed her off making fun of her being a vegetarian. I mean I didn’t think she’d react like she did. She’s one of my best friends, has been since I got here and I should respect her views more than I did there. I hope she’ll forgive me.

Well I didn’t originally plan this, but it has been on my mind a bit since yesterday when it came up. I’m sure most of the people who will read this (like all zero of them) will have heard of Usher, the silly little Rhythm and Blues slash pop star who prances around shirtless in his videos?

A while back he cheated on this woman he was dating, and to make matters worse he got the woman he cheated with pregnant. Well he wrote a song about it called Confessions. It’s one of those ‘I’m whining because I’m so sorry I cheated girl’. Well I say fuck him up his stupid ass. No one should ever cheat on someone they love, and if they don’t love that person than why are you there? Why bother? I mean I don’t get the fun in just having one person and then running around on them with another.

Of course the girl won’t take him back, and I say more power to her! But I know girls out there who are like, “He’s so sorry, he even got on his CD and recorded a song to apologize!”

I’m sorry, but he could have just told her in person and he’s not sorry, he’s sorry he got caught. His record producer probably heard about it too and was like “We should make a song about this, it will kill!”

People make the excuse that he has all of this money and that it tempts him to go after other women. I can say this, it would take a huge lapse in judgment for me to cheat on someone I loved, a lapse in judgment comparable to having my brain removed! I have a problem looking at other girls when I’m interested in one, it feels like cheating already.

Premarital sex, homosexuality, these things don’t bother me, but they bother a lot of people. And yet a lot of people that these things bother have no problem with adultery, it’s the only one of those things that really hurts a lot of people. I’m sure that it must feel good for the woman when her man runs off and cheats on her, she must feel so good about herself. That’s a real esteem booster.

I mean, if you attracted to someone else, then break up with the first person and go after them. But you have no right to string both women along. And to think that some people find it exciting to cheat because it feels invigorating. Oh yeah, its really cool whenever you hurt someone’s feelings behind their back, because you ‘love’ them and they trust you, but you just throw it right in their face.

That’s not love at all, that’s just trying to satisfy one’s own pleasures. And if I ever cheat on a girl, whether I’ve been dating her a day or married to her for 20 years, I hope I have the sense to put a gun to my head and blow my brains out, because any guy that would cheat, especially one that would try to capitalize on it or make money off it deserves to be beaten with a wrecking ball.

So I make this call, if you see Usher, shank him or something, he doesn’t deserve to live, someone’s got to say it. He’s just a pain and he just builds onto the stereotype that black guys are just cheating assholes. So I’m just saying take him out, he’s not worth the bullet so use something that has a common daily use that you have around the house like a baseball bat or a knife so you won’t have wasted your money.

No comments: