Friday, December 10, 2004

The Time Between

I realized that I haven’t been updating this thing as often as I should lately, so kill me…its finals week. You may be surprised to know, I just woke up and its like 6, aren't you all so proud? I only have two more finals and then I’m just going to collapse and die, well after I get the gifts out to people. There has been a lot going on lately, a lot of which has been outside of the Justin Caynon realm of control. I’m a busy man and it has come to show.

Last night we watched Spirited Away, which was very imaginative and stuff, pretty good for a family movie. I usually wouldn’t have watched something like that, but Eddie bought it and we all needed to take a rest from the extreme violence and religious side notes of Evangelion.

I also did some more Christmas shopping, I got Desiree a stuffed Winnie the Pooh because she said she liked Disney. I hope she sees it as just what it is, a gift from a friend to a friend. Because that’s all I can be to her and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

In other happenings Eddie burned me a very nice little CD by the band Brand New, I am loving it. They are probably one of the best punk bands lyrically. I mean you hear so many badly written lyrics on the radio now and then you get this CD that’s like boom right in your face with the good lyrics.

Take this lyric for example: “This is War, every line is about who I don’t want to write about anymore.” I just love that!

I also got a little part on one of Eddie’s tracks on his CD, he was recording a demo for Ricky to listen to, the script fro Ricky’s movie is done. So they are looking at music for the whole thing. And I was tapping a pen in the background and I crumpled some paper and it got onto one of the recordings. He said he liked it though. Plus we talked at the start of one track.

Well I better head off, I have to say, Julie, the red site is looking good, keep experimenting with those colors!

No comments: