Thursday, December 16, 2004

A Matter of Chance

It’s been a while since I updated, far too long if you ask me, but this will not be the normal, what’s going on with me thing. This will be one of those special little entries where I just talk about things that have come to my common realization. For me to start this out right I have to say that I made a new friend last week, her name is Nicole and she’s from Houston too. She’s a really nice girl and she probably one of the only girls in our little group that can hang out with the guys without us losing her with what we’re talking about.

Last Saturday we all went to Outback Steakhouse, Nicole and I got to talking and she wanted to go to the bookstore with us afterwards. Well we did go and it was really fun because we found out how much she had in common with all of us. Ricky saw a movie that he liked called Magnolia, it was a movie about chance, watching it and how it all fits together makes me think of how much the world really works on chance.

Thinking back, I know now that I could be living a totally different life if the big events that had shaped everything that I am now. If my mother had never died I might not be sitting here today doing this.

But there are small things, events that are just day to day choices that have an effect on a large part of our lives. Like my descion to go to UTSA, I could have easily gone somewhere else, but I just happened to choose UTSA off the top of my head, I wouldn’t have all of the friends I now have.

Or how I chose to wash clothes that first Saturday, instead of wait until the Sunday, that’s how I met Desiree and I’m really glad that happened. I can’t go into all of the details, but next time you have time to think about where you are, think about the events that led up to that point, you may be surprised how different things could have been.

In other news I am back home now, well at my brothers house in north Houston. I already kind of miss the school, I miss seeing all of my friends from day to day and Christmas can’t come too soon so I can get back to school and doing what I do best. For now I am going to try and get some writing in, while there are less distractions.

No comments: