Friday, November 03, 2006

Trust

I'm playing Final Fantasy XII right now, and shit, all I have to say is I haven't had so much fun with a game in a long time, I would have to guess that it comes close to when I used to play VII. But the game is pretty heavy with all kinds of real life political things, one of these is betrayal. Really I think that betrayal has become a word that comes up a lot politics. Even more so it appears in many ancient texts and lituerature; Dante says that the lowest layer of Hell is reserved for betrayers and deserters.



Now anyone who has been betrayed can vocalize that what they really feel when it comes down to it is a lack of trust, how can you trust someone who would do something wrong to you in the first place. Trust is earned, even if its easy to earn. People might test trust sometimes, you're talking to a girl at a bar and she asks you to hold her coat...that's a stretch, you're talking to a girl at a bar and she just asks what you want to suggest to drink or eat. Or someone asks your opinion on a book or movie, both parties involved are working on a basis of trust now. Trust is kind of like credit, when you get it with one person you pretty much just earn it with them, sometimes their friends will trust you too. But when you lose trust, everyone can lose trust in you, just like when your credit score gets messed up.



I am not a master of the analogy so I am glad that you bared with me through that. What I am saying is that there are some people I really trust out there, I trust to tell anything to them. I'm pretty easy to earn trust from, which might be my big mistake. I know that a lot of the problems that I have are of my own doing. So when someone ruins their trust with you, what happens to them. Basically you treat them like you normally would be keep them at arms lenght. Don't let them get on the inside of anything, just because of the simple fact you're not able to trust them close.



Oh, and I'm level 26, thank God for power leveling.

No comments: