Monday, November 20, 2006

Friends

Tomorrow I leave to go back to Houston, I don't know what to expect, but I'm kind of glad, I have gotten pretty bored with San Antonio and I am just in need of a change of scenery. Really, I think that the problem might be that I spend time listening to others trying to rationalize why I should be nice to people or be around people I really don't care for.



Things you might not know about me, but that shouldn't really surprise you are that I really don't desire the respect of many people—mostly because I find most people I seem to come across aren't worth having it from in the first place. If you don't see me trying to get your attention or hang out with you, or whatever, chances are I don't want to. Even greater are the chances that you're doing one of the things that I don't really like to be around.



I wouldn't say that you're unlucky not to be my friend really, because I want more from a friend than just a person who can be around me when we do fun stuff. Anyone who actually cares enough to stick by you though all of the stupid, nonsensical choices you make, someone who will be there for you even when you're wrong to help pick up the pieces...someone I can do the same for. That is the kind of friend I want. If that can't be you, then I don't want you. I mean seriously having a lot of fair weather friends can be worse than having no friends at all.

No comments: