Friday, November 17, 2006

RE: To The Ladies

Here's to nights staying up talking with old friends about the last few months, and about talking about the last few years. There is so much out there going on in people's lives that when you stop talking to them for a while, you almost forget that there is this build up of stuff that has been changing them over all of that time that you don't see them.



I wanted to write a few things, even though I am in no way a dating or relationship expert that I think most guys can agree with when it comes to what we do and don't like to have done to us.



Don't tell us that we're perfect, but that you can't date us. Perfect is a subjective term, that is to say when you say something is perfect, its usually and opinion based on what you would like to have. If you like us well enough to call us perfect, then you like us welle enough to date us. Otherwise we wouldn't be perfect in your eyes.



If you really are ugly, don't expect us to complement you when you complain about it. As a matter of a fact be glad we don't agree. Some guys will say that there is nothing worse than a girl fishing for compliments, well I never minded and I like telling a girl she's beautiful or pretty, if she really is.



Every guy wants sex (sexual attention of some kind) to some degree, the trick is to find one who isn't willing to let it destroy your relationship or feelings; and is willing to wait until you're ready. I haven't met a guy that absolutely doesn't want sex—that having been said, I am a guy and I can turn down sexual advances if I have to. Sometimes there's just moral obligations that have to be taken care of, if a girl tries to kiss me and she's drunk and out of it, she's going to get denied because I don't want things to go down like that.



Some things that you will do might be taken as signs or advances. If you wonder why guys keep coming after you that you have no interest in, then you might want to evaluate the way you are when you first meet new people.



Fantasy men are just that. There's nothing more drab than a long awaited fantasy that you finally get.



Despite what you might think we do notice the small things. I always hear this about girls noticing the small things, but you know there are guys out there that do notice the little things, like if you wrikle your nose a little when you laugh, or even a change in hairstyle or some other thing some might consider small.



Not all of us are visually enticed alone. Sometimes things like smells or the way something feels can make a guy remember it forever, and I'm not talking sexual. There's this girl that wore a perfume/spray/body thing...whatever, and when I am out and I smell it I have to get away because it reminds me of her so bad.



Lastly, With us, not everything is a symbol. This is not Indiana Jones or Da Vinci Code, not everything we do is a signal. If we get you a certain color flowers, its not because those flowers stand for this, usually we'll tell you if we want you to know that, not because we didn't think you knew, but because we just looked it up and want to look smart. But too many times do things go wrong because someone takes something as communication when it wasn't meant to be.



Well I hope that this helped in some way clear things up, like I said, I am in no way the average guy, but I know I'm not alone.

No comments: