Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Apology is Policy


It seems the more and more I learn about the world around me, the title to this entry seems true. I'm starting to think that apologies should be doen away with completely because they aren't anything, they're really just hollow formality when you think about it, like saying bless you when someone sneezes.



But the important thing to remember is that when you say sorry to someone, for whatever it is you're apologizing you need to show them more than just tell them. You need to actually make sure that they see you are sorry and that they mean something to you. When I apologize I try to do this, but it seems that I rarely see the same curtosey extended by others.



In truth, apology shouldn't just be policy, it should be a promise to do better.

No comments: