Wednesday, August 23, 2006

For What It's Worth

Alright, this is something that I haven't had to do in a long while, not since the days of Kay, Amanda, and Twinks. But I have to talk about this because frankly I haven't seen anything like it on the internet as of yet. I don't know if any of you have heard of a blogger named Jacqueline Passey. She's pretty much an advocate for a lot of things. I even commented on two of her blogs, I wasn't rude about it. I just had a few questions. She posted a lot of info, such as this in one of her latest blogs:



I am a very high-quality woman. I know that sounds arrogant, but let’s consider the facts:



  • I’m slim (whereas 62% of American women age 20 to 74 are overweight)


  • I’m attractive (my new picture has been rated more attractive than 86% of the women on Hot or Not -- and the women who upload their pictures are a self-selected sample that is probably already biased towards being more attractive than the general female population)


  • I’m relatively young (whereas 82% of American adult women are over 30 years old)


  • I’m intelligent (IQ tested at 145 when I was a child, which is 3 standard deviations above the mean -- higher than 99.85% of the population. Even if I’ve gotten dumber as I’ve aged I’m probably still at least a 130, which is higher than 97.5% of the population.)


  • I’m educated (whereas 77% of American women do not have bachelor’s degrees)


  • I have my financial shit together (no debt, perfect credit history, 6+ months living expenses saved, adequate insurance, self employed)


  • I have a strong libido and love having sex (my lover *never* has to beg, unless it’s for me to let him get some sleep!)


  • Most of my interests tend to be more popular with men than women: science fiction, libertarianism, blogging, politics, economics, guns, gambling, etc.


Given that self-improvement is an ongoing project of mine this list will continue to grow (I’m currently working on adding bilingual, very physically fit, well-traveled, higher income, and fantastic cook to the list). So even when “relatively young” (an important criteria for most men) drops off that list, I should have added enough other things that my overall dating market value should remain the same or even improve.



The above list explains why I typically receive 50-100 (sometimes more) responses whenever I post personal ads. This is in addition to getting hit on almost every time I go out alone (and all that those men know about me is that they like the way I look, they don’t even know about all the other qualities I have that make me more appealing than most other women).



So, I have a *lot* of choices of men who want to date me. Given that, of course I choose to date only the highest quality men -- men who are also fit, attractive, intelligent, educated, financially successful, etc.  I’m attracted to men from any race and a wide age range (21 to 50 or so) so the pool of men who meet those requirements is quite large, which allows me to add all sorts of additional restrictions if I want -- must be atheist, must be libertarian, must not want (more) children, must be financially independent or self-employed and available for frequent world travel, etc.



This is an actual word for word post from her blog. Now what I want to say about this is that I think that this is the main problem with american society. People who look for all of the things listed above, people who think these are the only things that matter. I know that some of those things are important, but the thing is when the shit hits the fan will you still be beautiful? Will you still be financially secure?



I have heard so many tales of real love and how love can perservere through anyhting. And the problem is that when you are looking for all of these things, when one of them falls out of place, you might be ready to give up on them all. I talk big, but I don't know much about love really. I have loved but I have never been loved back, not really. But I can say this, distance, time, money, and even looks shouldn't get rid of love.



If you feel for soemone, really feel for them you should tell them. A strong libido isn't going to do much when everything else has drained out of the realtionship. I say this because I know that so many people count on sex to slove all of their problems when many times outside of a heathy realtionship it just creates more.



I do find it kind of funny that I don't fit any of the requirments that she listed, I mean look: must be atheist, must be libertarian, must not want (more) children, must be financially independent or self-employed and available for frequent world travel, etc. I am definately not an atheist, I'm not even sure what a libertarian is, I want children, at least two, I still depend on my family, and I hate being on planes.



I wish that people could understand what real love is, and understand why the divorce rate in this country, and just around the world in general is so high. That having been said, I know that I need to end this here, I need to get some sleep. But I will be writing more on this blog as I have time to look at it. For those who don't know, I start school Monday, so I will have less and less time starting then. But I would like to tell you all to make sure that you remember what's important in this world.

No comments: