Monday, June 19, 2006

Writing Again

There is just a lot of stuff that I would like to say, truth be told. Most of what I have been doing is writing, that and working. I would like to really try and get something out there in the writing world, and maybe it won't be what I have been working on right now, or what I have been working on for years. I have been writing on this story since I was in Junior High, writing and rewriting.



That's the thing, I used to think that was a long time, but I read about authors doing thirty years bewtween novels, I read about how two thirds of a story written in 1977 finally get their ending in the late eighties. I really love to write, there are times when I am planning a story, sitting out in the rain at work, in my car, under the street lamps when the perfect thing dawns on me.



Expect to see more writing from me, expect to see more writing from me. Much of the stuff that I hope to do in the future is short, original character stuff that is just for the hell of it, something that's just seven pages is short, but that's the way that the novel Fight Club started.



There is so much to do when you start a story not thinking about how everything is going to work out in the end. Like in one of my stories I spent so much time setting up the begining and middle of the story, and all of the stuff that was being set up had no resolution. So now I have to go through and bust my ass just to get things to work out in the end and wrap up in a reasonable number of pages. Not that there is a reasonable number of pages.

No comments: