Saturday, October 30, 2004

Ups and Downs

What can be said about hanging out with friends and just having a good time? Its not something that you can really descrieb, and when you try most others just don't understand. I know this because I've tried before to describe the things that I do with my friends and people outside of the little circle never seem to get it, why is that?

To tell the truth, I don't have an answer because I'm not really the answer man. But here I am again, in front of this monitor and keyboard rapping away at the one of the 105 or so keys. I can say this, there is no complaints about today and yesterday, especially the way that yesterday ended.

I started the day prying myself away from the comfort of my pillow, I was groggy eyed and trying my hardest to move. When I finally freed myself from the soft warmth of the bed I went out into the common area of the dorm to check on my game. (we all know the one)

There was a knock at the door and I opened it to find Ricky, he asked if I wanted to run to the University Center and grab a bite to eat, we sat there for an hour or so talking and Casey came in with one of her friends, so we sat with them and talked some more.

The conversation was nothing to be proud about, but after all of that Rickey and I came back here and played a few missions of Grand Theft Auto, in the middle of one my house phone rang and I almost neglected it. But something told me to get it and I did, it was Desiree.

She asked me if I wanted to go eat and I threw down the game at the chance to go, because nothings as fun as hanging out with her. So we went, had a good little conversation and I walked her home afterwards. We're getting along better and better.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with conversation with Hannah and me playing the game. But when it came time for the party I remembered that Casey and I had to run to the store to get some drinks, we did, and we came back, and Desiree, her roommate and her roommate's boyfriend showed up--we all hung out, Desiree stayed the latest, I wanted to tell her that it felt good to see her, it felt really good. And I wanted to say that I really enjoyed having her, but I think she knew, I think she can see right through me and I think she knows what I'm burning to ask her, and I think that she thinks its coming soon. Whatever is whatever, and whatever comes I just hope I'm ready for it.

The movie we had watched was It, the Stephen King movie, not really scary....but I guess I'm too old to be afraid of Pennywise. I just kept thinking, I wanted to hear some of the band Pennywise while the movie was going. We had spegetti and margaritas during and before the movie, everyone seemed so happy to hang out like that, and it just felt right being around almost everyone I loved to hang out with at once.

I spent the night there, after I walked Des back I came back and fell out after a few more hours. Today flew by like so many others have since I've been here. Tomorrow will come too soon and this week brings two tests and a quiz...

College life, like all things has its ups and downs.

No comments: