Thursday, October 28, 2004

That Wide Gray Line

I just stumbled into the dorm, wounded from having to take in the massive amount of notes in such a short time. There are just those classes that you wish there were more of, because they are interesting the professor is witty and things just seem to be going so good. Then there are those you wish would just end....

But tomorrow is Friday, in college language is Friday is like Neo was to the Machines in the movie The Matrix. Friday is that anomaly that just can't be taken out of the equation no matter what is done to the intergers. On a Friday campus is empty, the wind just blows silently through and the few who stick it out walk with their heads held high in prepartion for the weekend.

In between now and Friday there is something for me to look forward to, and that would be dinner with Desiree. I'm hoping that there's some little clue I can pick up on, something I can draw a conclusion from for just what it is she thinks about me.

I know it sounds pathetic, I don't know why I can't just be like those guys, the big buff ones that walk around like the own the place and basically just tell girls to go out with them and the girls leap at the chance. I'm not that vain, I put stock in relationships and think out what I'm doing too much to be like that.

I care too much to act like those guys and I know that, and while I'm glad I'm not like that I sometimes wish I could be, I just think that I could get as girl if I acted like that. But then I know its wrong. How many people ever wished they could just do something and then quit doing it and do what is right? Just use the rude condescending attitude to get a girl and then go back to being Mr. Nice Guy.

But most people know that there's a line between black and white, good and bad, and that line is wider than either the black or white side, its a gray line. And the thing about being gray, about mixing the good with the bad is no matter how much good you put back in--its still gray.

So I'm going to keep playing it nice, do what I know is right and then try to win the girl, if I don't I'm sure we'll still be good friends and there's always other girls out there, right?

No comments: