Thursday, September 02, 2004

Blah

Today really wasn't all that interesting, I saw Ashley again although the terms seemed much less, well lets just say that it wasn't bad but nothing phenominal happened. Even worse I was suddenly stricken with this bout of saddness near the end of the day, I can't explain why but it just felt like there was something wrong with me, but I didn't have anything wrong per say, it was odd to say the least. I really think that there's alot of potential to be a good friend to her and maybe something more, I really am fond of her, to say the least and I would be interested in taking things further.

Of course she has to want to do the same, so I think I might try a little harder next week to get some kind of sign from her, because right now all I get is mixed signals. I did take a picture with her, she's probably very photogentic, I mean most pretty girls are, so I might post that when the rest of the roll is up.

I mentioned earlier that I was celebrating the anniversary of my very own story, well I realize now that I need to get back to writing that very story. I've been away from home and in woder for so long at the fact that I'm here that I forgot my duties as a writer. I mean its a career like any other, even though I don't get paid its just as real, is it not?

I can tell already that this is going to be a short entry so I'm going to toss a bit of my first FBI story in here:

The headlights of the car sliced the darkness as the car sped down the winding country road, great arched trees towered above and hung out to make small bridge ways across the street. Pavement appeared as the light collided with it only to quickly drop under the car and give way to more pavement.

Above in the sky clouds dipped and twirled, moving around the dark heavens in an endless dance. All around the Impala the trees seemed to hold fog, like moss caught in their branches; the fog rose and fell on the ground as if it was some sort of entity itself.

The car leaned slightly to take a heavy curve; Justin leaned with the car some, but was forced to slow down some because of the fog that hid the curve. The lights of the car seemed to be reflected back into the cab of the car.

Justin ran his hands over his hair real quick, suddenly glad that he was driving and not any of the others, not like he didn’t trust them. But he knew that they might take a little bit longer to make it into town.

He and Special Agent John Elledge sat in the front seat of the car. In the back seat was Tiffany and her boyfriend, PJ. They were lucky to have a lot of room and not have to sit all on top of each other in the car. All of them were quiet as the car rolled down the road towards its final destination. It was beginning to rain now.

The fog became thicker, slamming into the car like small raindrops that hovered above the ground. There couldn’t have been a thicker mist, and as Justin took a curve slowly he noticed that the fog started to look different from any fog he had ever-lay witness to. Like the clouds above had done when they were still visible the fog twisted and leapt with an almost ghostly property.

Fingers of white cloud like mist forked out and touched the car from far ahead. The others seemed to be so tired that they were oblivious of the situation; music had held their interest for a while, but after Justin had played through his collection of rock CDs, they found out that most of what they found on the radio was static filled tejano stations and country stations.

The Impala jumped from a fog bank, the road was clear of fog for now. Then the car slid around the next corner, slowly Justin took the sharp curve and the wheels slipped on the wet road. Just as the car came out from around the curve Justin saw something in the fog, it looked almost like a face that was screaming out in pain, he slammed on the brakes and the tries screamed making the face seem like it had some volume now.

Tiffany shot forward in her seat and latched onto the back of John’s seat, her red hair flashed forward and slapped at the back of the seat leather. She yelled in panic, “What’s wrong!?” The car slid to the side, skidding a little.

Justin could see the fog bank over take his car from the side, and the face slammed into the car emitting a light screaming sound. The car jolted and lifted up on two wheels; the car slammed back on the ground and PJ and John yelled out as Tiffany screamed again. The car rolled over into a large hill on the side of the road, the trees now gone and replaced by some sand.

Tink—tink—tink. The car made a sound as it sat there still running and shoved hard into the side of the hill. Justin looked back at the others and rubbed his head, “Is everyone okay?” He asked. They all nodded, “That was brutal.” He added.

“What happened?” Tiffany asked for the third time.

Justin turned around and looked, almost as quickly as they had crashed the fog was dissipating; spinning into smaller and smaller water vapor. “You didn’t see it?” Justin asked. “The face in the fog?”

John put his hand over on the wheel, “That’s a sign it’s time to switch drivers.” John joked. Justin just looked at him.

PJ stroked his goatee, he looked over at Tiffany and then at the door, “You think this thing will work?” He asked.

Justin opened the door and cool winter air flooded in, Justin stood on the side of the car looking down at the tires, he hollered back into the door, “The rims aren’t bent, I think the motor should be fine, it didn’t hit that hard.” Justin said.

Tiffany held her phone up, “Should we call the insurance company now, and file a claim?” She asked. “That’s going to be a pretty odd reason that you gave—“

“Like something out of an LSD trip.” John said.

Slowly getting back into the car, Justin ignored John, “Thank God this car is going to make it, I haven’t seen another car drive by us for about two or three hours.” Justin said.

“That gets kinda creepy, it gives you that feeling that your all alone.” PJ said.

Justin pushed his CD back in and turned back to see what the others were doing, “So what now, do you think we should head on into town, get this thing fixed and rent a car?” Justin asked.

Tiffany looked at the front end of the car, “We can’t drive back to Houston like this…we’ll have to get it looked at before we decide what to do. And about your face—that might be from over working yoursel—do you see that man?” Tiffany pointed to the other side of the road where a man stood at the edge of the road, barely visible.

John was the first to stand up out of the car, his short brown spiked hair poked up into the cooled night air, Justin and PJ came after him telling Tiffany to stay in the car. They made their way across the road, without looking and John called out before he reached the man, “Federal Agent!”

The man stood there just looking at them, and Justin passed a flashlight over him. They could see now that the man was old with red sun damaged skin; he was Hispanic and wore a black hat, dusty and dirty jeans and a green shirt. His hair was white and jutted out from underneath the hat and his eyes were narrow with the wrinkled edges that come from age. John stopped in front of the man puzzled and Justin and PJ stopped a few steps in front of John, “Sir, are you alright?” Justin asked.


On that note I think I've shown how far that I've come in three years because that little bit of writing licked balls. I sure hope nothing I've written since then has licked balls so much. Well I have to be off to go write, I'll hit this thing up later, awe who the fuck am I kidding, I'll forget like always!

No comments: