Thursday, January 06, 2005

We Do This ‘Cause We Can, Not For The Thrill

It’s been so long since I wrote one of these, I guess being on the slow internet connection at home has something to do with that. Nothing is really happening right now with me, well for the most part that is. I have to wait weeks just get enough together to make this all one interesting little post!

Last Saturday, the first day of the New Year, was the day that we decided to celebrate Alexis’s birthday. It went on pretty good and all, and the only real problem was the girls wanted to go to the large mall in town, the Galleria and ice skate. Well we went, but most of the mall was closed by six and we got there around five thirty. Really, it was the girls fault, they can’t let anyone travel to a destination without the whole group, I never really got the thing people have with not wanting to break groups up temporarily, I mean we were going in separate cars and we had more than enough for a full load in each. It just didn’t make good sense.

Rickey (I found out all this time I’ve been spelling the man’s name wrong) and Brenton met us at the Galleria. I took my dad’s car with PJ, Alexis, Matt, and Laura in my car. If these names look unfamiliar, it’s because they are people that I used to hang out with before I started this thing. So deal with it.

I had a lot of fun that day, even though I didn’t ice skate and Rickey basically broke into the Williams Tower, which now that I think about it, is funny because his last name is Williams. I use the term break in loosely here, what I really mean is that he didn’t so much break in as he did open an unlocked door and walk in. The way it all worked out was PJ, Brenton, Rickey and I went to go look at Williams Tower, which is for those of you who don’t know, the tallest building in the city of Houston.

We decided that we wanted to walk around the area some and this ended up leading to us going up into the Williams Tower parking structure. We wandered around in there until I pointed out that there was a sky bridge over to the tower. Seeing this, Rickey wanted to see if there were some way to get closer to the building. There happened to be a door that was not closed and Rickey went into the building alone. I kept thinking to myself that black people shouldn’t be going into highly secure office buildings after they are closed to look around. Police Brutality anyone…

I’m just kidding, but really its just not a good idea. Not that I doubt Rickey, he could have probably easily beat all of the cops up and escaped without a scratch, because we all know. Rickey never gets physically hurt.

On another note I was surprised how well Rickey and Brenton really fit in with all of my other friends here in town that he had never met before and only heard about. It was almost like he could have been in that group all of the time. He got to meet, Alexis, Matt, Laura, Tiffany, PJ and some others. The only people I really wished could have been there are Julie and Megan. Julie because she’s just one of the sweetest girls on this side of the galaxy, and Megan because she’s the videogame goddess.

That night ended late with all of us going out to eat the Spaghetti Warehouse, and then me, Rickey and Brenton going back to my house to make fun of bad anime. There’s always plenty of the bad anime to go around, so its not hard to find something to make fun of late at night.

After that little development nothing really happened for a few days, until my dad needed to go to San Antonio to visit someone. I went with him, and I actually got to go by the school and see Nicole, my dad and I got in around 2:00 AM and I went over to Nicole’s around 3:00, I have to say that it is really nice to see someone who I can talk to and agree with several things about. She’s much more fun to talk to than I had ever previously known and I can see getting to know her being a hell of a lot of fun. There’s still things under the surface that I don’t understand yet, and I’m sure I’m the same way to her. But part of the fun of knowing someone is getting to know them better I guess.

My dad and I spent the night at the dorm, he slept in my bed, I came back around 5:00 AM and plopped down on the couch.

It was really messed up how my roommates left all of the dishes dirty in the sink and their clothes and belongings all over the floor. One of them even thought to go poop before leaving and let the toilet stay un-flushed. Just beautiful.

The next day I went with Nicole and Desiree to eat at this place called Zio’s, I don’t think I’ve seen two girls laugh so much in such a short amount of time. I think that as far as people around here go, those two are my favorite. I could hang out with them forever and never get bored. The same could be said for Rickey or Brenton really, because both of them always have something interesting to say.

I’m thinking about making this journal a little more public, I really think it would be cool to see what my friends think about what I write in here. Because others who have read it kind of enjoy it. I let Nicole read my Usher rant, forgetting that it was proceeded by me being one of those ‘hopeless romantic saps’ I hate to be so much. I don’t like people feeling sorry for me, and it seems that to others I’m hard on myself. Well I know a lot of my friends are hard on themselves, some of them when they have no reason to be, most of these happen to be girls. I feel bad about how hard women are on themselves, they’re my favorite people and they are usually put themselves down the most.

I’m starting to ramble, damn this cold medicine.

No comments: